Hey all, So I will be traveling to Costa Rica next month. I did some ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jfpannone no está en línea Stack level 2

Turn off only Data Transferring?

Hey all,

So I will be traveling to Costa Rica next month. I did some research on roaming charges in case I want to use my Blackberry (curve 8310) abroad.

I can handle the extra charges for SMS and MMS (and maybe making a call or two), but definitely not the per kilobyte charge (.02 cents/KB). It doesnt seem like much, but just 5,000 KB will run you about $100, which is alot considering I average 15,000 KB here in the states.

Anyway, I want to keep my phone on for SMS/MMS, but dont wan't to recieve any emails, which will automatically charge me the premium roaming rate I described above.

I'm thinking I could simply remove my email account(s), however, I do not want to accidentally use data services from, lets say, google maps, viigo, facebook, bb browser, etc..

I'm sure it's an obvious answer, but I just want to make sure.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You should be able to go to Options/Mobile Network and set Data Services to off or off when roaming. Try that
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

foregus no está en línea Stack level 3
    what azstar mentioned will do the trick, i did that when i travelled to another country and did not receive an e-mail, but when it turns back on (when you return) you'll have a load of emails come in at once