Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ok i upated to the leaked version of 5.0 then downgraded to a more app ... BlackBerry Curve forum

MrWeedman no está en línea Stack level 2

trying to update os plz help!!

Advertisement

ok i upated to the leaked version of 5.0 then downgraded to a more app stable os then i i downloaded and installed the official 5.0.0.461 os installed correctly vedor file deleted but everytime i tried to update it propmts me with the version i currently have wich is 4.6 and this is extremely irritationg someone plz help me fix this and when i browse for my new .461 it doesnt even show up

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3
    Some of the new desktop managers need to be offline to see os's on your computer. Disconnect from the internet and try again.

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Normal Upgrade:
    Step 1: Do a comprehensive backup in case anything goes wrong... after this is done, disconnect your device.
    Step 2: Remove any other OS versions on your PC thru Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
    Step 3: Download and Install OS on your PC.
    Step 4: Remember to delete vendor.xml file if your carrier the OS is not from your carrier... it's located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    Step 5: Connect device to PC and click on the Loader and let the process initiate. Loader can be found in the same folder as the vendor.xml file.
    Step 6: Do not unplug the device during the process. Process may take around 30-60 minutes to complete.

Additional Note: Some have had issues with the Loader and it seems the thing they had to do was disconnect their PC from the Internet before starting the Loader.exe

no ****ing luck it doest even show my updates now it shows like the 6 apps i have installed i press next takes me to a screen it says no actions required i press finish and it finishes in 5 seconds rather than 30-60 minutes

is there anyway to completely restore my phone to factory settings and restart this is extremely irritating

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Options>security>security wipe

once this is don will i be able to update??? and will it delete anything on my sim card or micro sd???

PIN/ID
    nada
    you will be able to update your OS. did you do a back-up earlier? i would remove my SIM and media card. Also, reboot your pc before you try it again. Keep us posted-we'll try and help.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

yep i have back ups rebooting now i will keep you guys posted and thanks again

PIN/ID
    nada
    youre more than welcome
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59
    I was able to update my 9530 to 5.0 with no issues using the updater on BlackBerry's website instead of the desktop manager. Hope that helps...

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Force Feed your Upgrade:
    Step 1: Do a comprehensive backup using DM, and 3rd party apps using the link in my signature below.
    Step 2: Download and install the OS version, and delete the Vendor.xml file.
    Step 3: Download and install CrackMem... CrackMem.
    Step 4: Start CrackMem, select the OS version, verify OS version, click the Wipe button and follow the directions... this will wipe your device and load the OS.
    Step 5: Reload your backup data using DM and 3rd party apps using the link in my signature.

ok im using the crack mem and it says "the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the the device ii have cnnected to the computer" wtf does that mean i have a data plan and im payin 60 a month for that s-hit

but the os pops up on crack mem but not on my desktop manager??? wats that about

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Just curious, what PC OS do you have and what DM version?I would have updated using fatboys instructions.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast