Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I am getting an upgrade next month...(im on AT&T). I want a smartphone...i have one ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kingsham no está en línea Stack level 2

True opinion

Advertisement

I am getting an upgrade next month...(im on AT&T). I want a smartphone...i have one now, the cingular 3125...and it suks. WM is ok...but it has its issues...like constant restarting and hardware lags. Im down to two phones...a refurb AT&T 8525 and a Blackberry 8310 Curve. The eye candy on the 8525 is nasty especially with the wm6 upgrade. But after watching a curve review...on youtube...its pretty nice too.

Which is better for...

Basic Texting
    Instant Messaging
    Internet
    Email
    Calls
    Customizing/Mods
    Overall useability

Thanks

Sham

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Re: True opinion

hmm ive had both a couple of WM phones and a 8310 so ill give you MHO.

Basic texting : nothing beats the curve keyboard. Curve +1

Instant messaging : depends on what software you use i noticed that more are available on WM but on blackberry gtalk allows u to use msn and all the other transport thru jabber for free. and if not free theres
    IM+ thats amazing. Curve, WM +1

Internet : hmm... id have to go with WM for heavy website but i LOVE the blackberry browser. WM + 1

Emails : nothing beats push email from RIM Curve +1

Calls : blackberry all the way. The call log is maybe not that advanced but it does the job and you can access everything in call and the sound quality is AMAZING Curve +1

Customizing/Mods : WM has to win this one as i had managed to turn a treo into a HTC touch lol. But im really pleased with the theme-ing on the curve WM +1

Overall useability : Curve has to win, no crashes, reliable, fast. PERFECT. Curve +1

WM 3
    Curve 5

But ill take a curve over any WM phone ANY DAY. i have a red 8310 and im LOVING it.

There you go hope that helps

ok thanks for that...i understand that the site would be biased towards my question but your insight and experience with both devices is much appriciated...the curve looks so much more stable...i liked the pearl...its real small but the curve looks ballin.

on another quick question
    curve vs. the palm treo 680(palm os)/750(wm)

b/c my friend has a 680(that was supposed to be mine) and i really like the way the text messaging is set up...especially the way that it makes the messages look like a chatline...lol

anyother opinions?

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

FWIW, Ive had my curve since June. I usually switch phones every 4-6 months out of boredom or the need for something new. I LOVE my curve. I had N-series Nokias before this and while I loved them too, the BB does everything perfectly. I just spent 2 months waiting for my curve replacement to come in(The HTC Touch Cruise) and played with it for about 1 hour and its already up on ebay. Unfortunately, the only thing I can think of that will replace my BB, is another BB.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Aight, for your question regarding Treos.
    I had both the treo 750 and the 680.
    While you can find TONS of freeware for the treo (both palm and windows) and yes the sms chat thing is just AMAZING i used to love it ; the blackberry curve wins over those too.
    Im not gonna lie lol i still LOVE the 750 and 680 i keep thinking of giving up my berry for them but everytime i do i remember the crashes and all. Plus the curve doesnt have chat like sms but it does have a history if you scroll down so its kinda the same.

Any other questions?

well...looks like i will be getting a curve!

PIN/ID
    AskMe

hehe trust me if you regret it BLAME ME because i know you wont

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

well...looks like i will be getting a curve!
    keep us updated

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

I've had many, many different makes of phones-razors, a RIZR, palm, BB 7100, BB8700, BB8100. I now own the 8100 curve. Trust me-get a curve, you WILL NOT be dissapointed.

good1988 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Honestly I been with many carriers and tried all types of WM6 phone and WM5...They are gave me much problems mainly the lack of processor speed...and many bugs...- just switched to ATT and got the Curve...such a great choice and I will never go back to a WM6 phone...Blackberry=Crackberry and has productive software and easy gui(graphics user interface)

i just read an iphone vs. the att tilt arguement...ima stay out of that mess and go with the curve...it seems so much simpler

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec

you want a curve coming with the new upgrade soon of 4.5 and its verrrrry addictive but the att 8525 is nice also i was a windows mobile guy before and now ill never go back to windows mobile just because the blackberry has so much more and it feels more sturdier than the 8525 so its up to you depending on you needs but either way it comes down to what you want it took me 45 minutes in the store and i gave the att rep a migrane on how many questions i gave him LOL because i was choosing between the 8525 or the 8100 at the time but i went with the BB and was hooked, BTW Welcome to the stacks
    Last edited by Schirripal; 02-17-2008 at 01:17 AM. Reason: updated
    RedCurv07

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    I've had many, many different makes of phones-razors, a RIZR, palm, BB 7100, BB8700, BB8100. I now own the 8100 curve. Trust me-get a curve, you WILL NOT be dissapointed.
    I meant 8300 curve (Im sure BB would be greatly surprised to know they are the proud manufactures of an 8100 curve) woops

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

LMAO I saw that error and was about to correct it for you.

cjcarbone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    not anym

I had an 8525, and a few things i disliked about it:
    -It was very thick, and bulky.
    -The fonts and size were very difficult to read, very small, and not adjustable
    -you HAD to use 2 hands to type even the simplest of messages. even HELLO
    -touchscreen was iffy, and always needed calibration
    -never was a fan of the stylus, it was cheap, and the back always came loose, getting the stylus stuck in the slot
    -WM5 crashes and freezes

I traded that for a Treo 680
    **Likes**

-SMS chat was amazing
    -More free apps than the BB
    -Touch screen was a LITTLE more stable
    -not as bulky as the 8525
    -could text with one hand if needed

**Dislikes**
    -Treo OS5 is VERY unstable
    -crashes and reboots, freezing constantly
    -actually needed the 3rd party apps to do what the BB does out of the Box
    -crashes, freezes and reboots. (yes, i meant to put that again, it was that bad)

I sold that and bought my AT&T 8310 Curve in crimson
    This was a month ago, so far, i have not had a crash, freeze or reset
    I have only added 1 program, JiveTalk. Which i would highly recommend
    I have been able to add web launchers, Navigation, google news launcher,Opera mini browser, BB push Weather, Google search,and many other little launchers that make my browsing easier.

It took a lot of searching around, and many devices before i was turned on to BB. The email is amazing, the fonts and sizes are user changed, the unused icons can be hidden, and you can even make folders so you can group same programs together. Right now, i have a folder for all my color icons, because i downloaded the Scribble theme and didnt want to clutter it up!
    for me the choice was easy.
    Good Luck!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast