I'm on t-mobile, curve 8320, wifi/edge, v4.2.2.180(platform 2.5.0.36) I'm a new user and one of ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lmberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Trouble w/AudibleAir

Advertisement

I'm on t-mobile, curve 8320, wifi/edge, v4.2.2.180(platform 2.5.0.36)
    I'm a new user and one of the things I really want to do with my blackberry is listen to audio books I have purchased from audible.

I downloaded and installed audible air.

I can not login to my account. I have followed all of the help screens, setting permissions, changing my browser to internet browser, entering the wap.voicestream.com parameter, etc.

I get the open tunnel - max timeout error.

Audible says that the problem is with my WAP connection and that I should talk to t-mobile. T-Mobile says they can't support the 3rd party software, but that if I can connect to the internet, there shouldn't be any problem. They also said I should remove wap.voicestream.com from the TCP/APN settings.

I've searched and read all articles I could find about this. It seems that many people get this error, but most get it resolved by specifiying the tcp/apn to the specific t-mobile address. That just didn't solve the problem for me.

Also - after every change I've pulled the battery. I've even deleted audibleair & reinstalled.

If you're still reading - thanks! Any suggestions as to what I might try next?

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    Wow, sorry to hear that! I thought about buying this program.

You might try a different o/s for the handheld. I have found that tmo o/s versions won't run some programs that other vendors will. It's all about how the internet dectects the device, which to run some programs the phone needs to 'appear' as a computer to the web page to get access. With tmo software it doesn't seem to matter which emulation mode you run.

I had a similar problem with my 8700 last year with Opera Mini. It didn't matter what I put in the TCP/APN, it just would not register. Then tmo released the newest o/s for the 8700 and it worked! I didn't do anything else to the device but update the software.

Another thing you can try would be to get your device subsidy unlocked. Just call tmo (have to be a cust for 90 days) and ask to have it 'sim unlocked'. This seemed to open the door for me with a couple of issues I was having with my curve.

Hope this helps!!!

lmberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the response.

I'm not ready to give up yet, but if all else fails I'll wait the 90 days to get my device unlocked.

I might give opera mini a try this weekend.

BBChrism no está en línea Stack level 1

Any luck?

Hi lmberry. Am having the same problem, same configuration - any luck in resolving your issue?

paul2fix no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the same issue: I have a BB Bold and actually had AudibleAir working for 2 weeks. All of a sudden, I went to use AA and it was gone! Somehow it got deinstalled. Anyway, I reinstalled it and now I cannot log in. Tried everything mentioned on the web, instructions from audible support, redownloaded my service books, reregistered the device... still no log-in "Tunnel Failure".