Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a Verizon Curve with 4.3os. I updated my DM before downloading the new ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Coachmeeks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    300F590D

Trouble updating to 4.5 Verizon

Advertisement

I have a Verizon Curve with 4.3os. I updated my DM before downloading the new 4.5os from Verizon. One I downloaded the new OS I ran the installer. When I open the DM it says its searching for device application updates, but it never seems to find the new os that was installed. Am I missing something stackers??

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Did you delete the old OS from your PC first?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    300F590D
    ok i went back and deleted the old 4.3os and the new 4.5os.
    I went back to the verizon site and dowloaded the 4.5os again and ran the installer. I let the installer open the DM and it says its searching for updated device softare, it looks for new softare, then it moves on the performing a normal sync and no update in the software.
    Mega bummer..................

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Did you also uninstall the old os from your PC? I'm sorry I just woke up on the first post and should have worded it better. If the old OS is still on your PC it will not recognize the new one.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 11-06-2008 at 11:03 AM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    There are also occasions when you might try deleting the vendor xml even from your own carrier and see if that helps.

Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and delete the vendor XML document then try hooking up to the DM again and see if it offers the upgrade.

Also In the DM click on Help/About BlackBerry Desktop Manager and click on the device software tab and make sure the new 4.5 OS is listed
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    300F590D
    I uninstalled the old device os and the new os from my computer.
    I am presently removing DM4.5 and going to start all over and install DM4.6.
    Then I will download device 4.5os again and see if the new DM will recognize things.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Keep us posted on how it works out for you. Also as azstar said if you still have an issue try anddelete the vendor.xml.

mendez777 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219D98AA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you can load manually the OS.

Open dm, application loader, browse C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\shared\loader\OS folder clck on blackberry.alx file and the dm will start to load 4.5 OS

screeema no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have been having the same issue, I had VZW and BB tech support on the phone at once and they could not figure it out!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by screeema View Post
    I have been having the same issue, I had VZW and BB tech support on the phone at once and they could not figure it out!!
    What is your current OS and device. You can try to go here and see what happens.

screeema no está en línea Stack level 1
    thank you for that, but the BB tech had me try that and the App loader from the C drive...nothing worked..

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    thank you for that, but the BB tech had me try that and the App loader from the C drive...nothing worked..
    Did you try dealeting the vendor.xml? If nothing else works you may just have to do a back up wipe your device and install it fresh on your BB.

PIN/ID
    300F590D
    Ok so some success some failure.
    I deleted 4.5 os and 4.5DM
    I downloaded DM4.6
    I downloaded 4.5.077os
    The first issue is I now have all my calender doubled. I have I have a default calendar and a @vzw calendar??
    I will have to delete appts from one or the other, which?
    I also did not get Docs to Go and I dont seem to be able to get HTML email converted either.
    Any ideas?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Coachmeeks View Post
    Ok so some success some failure.
    I deleted 4.5 os and 4.5DM
    I downloaded DM4.6
    I downloaded 4.5.077os
    The first issue is I now have all my calender doubled. I have I have a default calendar and a @vzw calendar??
    I will have to delete appts from one or the other, which?
    I also did not get Docs to Go and I dont seem to be able to get HTML email converted either.
    Any ideas?
    The html email will show up once you start recieving new email. You may have to go into email options and enable. I myself would delete from vzw and then resync if you have that option. As for Docs to Go if you want it you should be able to load it from app loader. Glad the OS installed for you however thats a start. Right? lol

If the html doesnt show up fairly soon just resend service books and that sould fix it.

amt83 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just bought my phone about 2 months ago and had this problem with even the DM provided ( 4.3) But in speaking with the VRW BB tech he told me that the verizon curve only works with 4.3! I don't know how true this is. I'm pretty new to this but after the problems i've had i've been too spooked try downloading an updated one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast