Hello stackers.... Upgraded my 8700 to 8310 yesterday. First time updating to new bb device. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lalctaylor no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile Tripled calendar entries

Advertisement

Hello stackers....

Upgraded my 8700 to 8310 yesterday. First time updating to new bb device. Suddenly, i have triple calendar entries. Outlook still has only one entry. i went to back up and restore on DM, went to advanced and deleted the calendar contents. now i have 2 of each entry. when i try to manually delete them, it says "appointement deleted externally. changes will be lost and the viewer closed." Both entries are still there. any ideas?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    The best way to do it is to use DM to update the calendar. Open DM and choose sync, choose the setting and set the calendar option as a one way sync from Outlook calendar to the BB. Check the box to remove all data. That will delete all the appointments in the BB and refresh the calendar with the Outlook ones.

Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    The best way to do it is to use DM to update the calendar. Open DM and choose sync, choose the setting and set the calendar option as a one way sync from Outlook calendar to the BB. Check the box to remove all data. That will delete all the appointments in the BB and refresh the calendar with the Outlook ones.
    Just tried this. selected box "replace all data in target area." now have three entries again.

OK, then try this, Open DM with the BB attached. Open Backup/Restore, click the advanced button. In the window that open look on the right side for the following databases:
    Calendar
    Calendar-All

Highlight the Calendar by clicking once on it and then click clear. Do the same for Calendar-All. Close the window and reopen. Check the database sizes, they should now be 0.
    Re-sync the BB and check the entries.

no dice. still three. any other ideas?

No, let me get another opinion... brb

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try a hard reset first by pulling the battery out while the device is on. Leave it out for about 10 seconds and put it back in. If you still have triple entries then you may need to backup the device and do a wipe of it by going to Options>Security Options>General Settings and then bringing up the menu and going to wipe handheld.

After you do this be sure to do a selective restore of your data and do not restore the calendar. To bring the calendar over just do a synchronization.

Ok guys.... here's what worked. First pulled battery and powered up. Only partial single entrys. Next, went into DM- back-up/ restore- advanced- cleared calender. Set to one way sync Outlook to device and overwrote data. Now only ONE entry! Reset sync to two way and added entry in bb. re-sync and everything is as it should be. Thank you both for your time and help today. I LOVE THIS BOARD!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Typically if anything that you've deleted won't delete just pull the battery out it will delete. But I'm glad that you got the issue fix. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~