Guys and Girls, I've done a contact transfer before, but, I can't remember how the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

silv333 no está en línea Stack level 3

Transferring ALL contacts from 8330 to a Bold

Advertisement

Guys and Girls,

I've done a contact transfer before, but, I can't remember how the hell I did it!! I'm going from an 8330 to a 9000, and we all know that just popping the SIM card in won't move them all.

Help me out please....

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You should be able to use the switch device wizard to transfer everything.

Modern, I did a forum search for using the "device switch wizard". One question, do I need to hook up my 8330 first to "import" everything first, then hook up my Bold to "export"?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Open DM and connect your 8330 then select switch device. It should then prompt you to connect your Bold.

So I pulled up the "device switch manager", plugged in my old phone, thought I was transferring all the info, then plugged in my Bold. It said it was successful, but when I go to my contacts, it's not complete. Just one number per contact....

When it asks the question about going to "mass storage mode", what should I answer?

Also, is there any other way for me to transfer my contacts? It seems this isn't working!!!

i find it easier to just do a backup of our 8330 and then do a restore onto your bold and everything will transfer easier that way

So to do that, i plug in my 8330, click "back-up". Then, unplug 8330, plug in Bold and click "restore"? Also, while all this is going on, where should my SIM card be?

Quote Originally Posted by silv333 View Post
    So to do that, i plug in my 8330, click "back-up". Then, unplug 8330, plug in Bold and click "restore"? Also, while all this is going on, where should my SIM card be?

it doesnt matter where your sim card is but might as well have it in the Bold becase thats where it should be at the end of it all ad yes thats the correct ay to do it