Why won't it let me? I was trying to transfer a song to my friend's ... BlackBerry Curve forum

munkee no está en línea Stack level 2

transfering music via bluetooth

Advertisement

Why won't it let me? I was trying to transfer a song to my friend's phone which is the exact same phone as mine and it won't work. I tried sending to my other friend who has a motorola phone and it worked although it was really really slow. But if I try sending ringtones it works like nothing. Can someone tell me why. Is it a copyright thing?

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Was the other friends phone (Like yours.) set to receive bluetooth? Have them go to media>hit menu>receive using bluetooth. Also, firewall setting may not allow...

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Every time you want to receive a file via bluetooth using your bb phone you have to go to media and like it was stated above u have to hit menu receive using bluetooth every single time you are sending a file. Depending on what type of file your sending it usually stores it automatically to your music folde voice or ringtone
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yea I did that. But it gets an error everytime. I don't get why ringtones are ok but real mp3 music aren't.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I dont know why RIM devices are so hard to do this with. Ive had several and have never had any luck transferring VIA bluetooth. My son can get ringtones FROM my 8300 to his Razor, but I cant import any from his or really any other device.

I guess its a blackberry problem. This really blows

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Do you by any chance use a Mac? If you do, you can just plug in your bb to your notebook and then transfer songs that way. Also, if you take out your micro sd card and put it into a sd card converter and put that into your Windows computer, you could also transfer music that way. I do not have a problem with transferring songs via bluetooth, but I have some friends who do as well.