My wife and I both have 8300's. She doesn't want hers anymore (doesn't need all ... BlackBerry Curve forum

gregski no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2134DA6B

Transfer phone?

Advertisement

My wife and I both have 8300's. She doesn't want hers anymore (doesn't need all the functions) and hers is in much better condition than mine. If I want to take hers, can I just put my sim card in hers and away we go? Both phones are on my contract w/AT&T.
    Last edited by gregski; 01-17-2008 at 02:29 PM. Reason: add response method

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Transfer phone?

yes you can. just make sure you login to your BIS account a switch device info. it should automatically propmt you to change it
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    She doesn't want hers anymore (doesn't need all the functions) and hers is in much better condition than mine.
    i bet you didnt argue with her
    Last edited by glehman85; 01-17-2008 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Automerged.

PIN/ID
    2134DA6B

Quote Originally Posted by glehman85 View Post
    i bet you didnt argue with her
    Never do

bfdm_mexi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a27821

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ use desktop manager to switch devices. To could just replace the simcard and off you go but no doubt you have yours set up the way you like it. So when you open desktop manager click on "switch device wizard" and follow the onscreen instructions. It'll transfer EVERYTHING some programs won't be transfered but all your settings, address book, and so on.

I used it when I moved from my pearl to my 8300 worked like a charm. Hope it works for you

PIN/ID
    2134DA6B

Quote Originally Posted by bfdm_mexi View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ use desktop manager to switch devices. To could just replace the simcard and off you go but no doubt you have yours set up the way you like it. So when you open desktop manager click on "switch device wizard" and follow the onscreen instructions. It'll transfer EVERYTHING some programs won't be transfered but all your settings, address book, and so on.

I used it when I moved from my pearl to my 8300 worked like a charm. Hope it works for you
    Thanks for the info. I didn't even think about it. That should same some time and headaches.