Hello, I just received my 8900 in the mail today. Does anyone know the best ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tforst85 no está en línea Stack level 1

Transfer contacts from 8320 to 8900

Advertisement

Hello,

I just received my 8900 in the mail today. Does anyone know the best way to get all of my contacts (not on the sim card) and all of their information (pins, emails, multiple ph numbers) from my blackberry 8320 into the address book on the 8900?

Please help....

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    If u open desktop manager there is a option to transfer devices. Just start with your old bb plugged in and its easy from there. Have used this many times and it works well.
    ~via smartphone~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Do you have the 8320? If so you should be able to use the switch device wizard and have everything transfered to your new device.

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Probably by using Desktop Manager on your PC. Can't recall exactly which method is in DM, but I'm sure others will chime in.

Edited: oops, others already did chime before I clicked submit :-)
    ~via smartphone~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Agree with vince - use DM "switch device wizard." As he said start with your old BB connected and follow the instructions. Be aware, at some point (I can't remember the msg) that you're going to be asked to disconnect your old device and connect your new one. I think you'll know it when you get there.

Take your time and read carefully and you should be fine. Post back if you need help.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    DM Switch Device is what i ALWAYS do. It not only moves your contacts and such but also switches your PIN on your contacts' BBM list therefore you do not even need to inform people of the switch (except to brag about it )

tforst85 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you guys very very much, i will be trying this as soon as i get home and will post the results..

Thanks again!