Hey. So I got my curve about 3 weeks ago. I dropped it twice already ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mrghozt no está en línea Stack level 2

trading in curve question

Advertisement

Hey. So I got my curve about 3 weeks ago. I dropped it twice already before I had protection for it, also have dust under the screen like many others. My question is when I go get a new one from att what can I save from my phone and what will I lose? Is there a way I can effectivly make the new phone exactly the same as this one (programs, options, themes, already setup email accts. pics etc) With as little effort as possible? Basically I wanna sync this phone with my computer, then when I get the new one sync it with my computer? What gets saved on my sim? And the phone itself?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. I love my curve btw. Its so great for business n personal. I no longer need two phones.

John

jedd206 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404E130

Re: trading in curve question

Just use your DM and do a back up and restore (the first option in thsi menu). Everything will be saved to a file on your desktop. When you get the new Curve, just plug it in to your PC and hit back up and restore again (the second option this time) and you are done........BUT, make sure that there is not excessive phyusical damage to our Curve before you try and return it. If there is, and you get the wrong sales rep, they won't honor the manufacturers warrenty...

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3

At&t will take back your phone within 30 days if it does not look to abused.

mdys no está en línea Stack level 2

Not sure if this is true, but I was told that if you unlocked any themes it would void your warranty. So you'd need to change it back to the original settings before trying to bring it back. Hope this isn't bad advice. Anyone?

dagomez no está en línea Stack level 2

I took my curve back because of dust under the screen. I had unlocked all the themes on the phone but I activated the AT&T theme. I made sure they would take it back before I wiped the unit.
    When I wiped the unit it took a long time and went to voda phone theme. I quickly took the battery out and left with my new curve.

PIN/ID
    2404E130

Quote Originally Posted by mdys
    Not sure if this is true, but I was told that if you unlocked any themes it would void your warranty. So you'd need to change it back to the original settings before trying to bring it back. Hope this isn't bad advice. Anyone?
    The only software change that voids your warrenty is unlocking the Curve (or any other T&T phone) for use with other carriers....unless you had AT&T do it for you....

PIN/ID
    2404E130

Quote Originally Posted by dagomez
    I took my curve back because of dust under the screen. I had unlocked all the themes on the phone but I activated the AT&T theme. I made sure they would take it back before I wiped the unit.
    When I wiped the unit it took a long time and went to voda phone theme. I quickly took the battery out and left with my new curve.
    LOL.......good thing unlocking your themes doesn't effect your warrenty....it would be a nasty suprise to see a $500.00 charge on your next bill for exchanging a phone that is denied by warrenty exchange>>>>>

dagomez no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jedd206
    LOL.......good thing unlocking your themes doesn't effect your warrenty....it would be a nasty suprise to see a $500.00 charge on your next bill for exchanging a phone that is denied by warrenty exchange>>>>>
    That is good to know. I hope the new curve I got does not get dust under the screen again. I have been really careful not to put it in my pocket.

PIN/ID
    2404E130

Quote Originally Posted by dagomez
    That is good to know. I hope the new curve I got does not get dust under the screen again. I have been really careful not to put it in my pocket.
    Not putting the Curve in a pocket seems to be the only surefire way to not get dust under the screen. I'm not sure what it is about the last few full qwerty BB's, but they all seem to have issues with getting dust under the screens. It used to be an easy fix. Just take the BB apart and clean the screen. Then someone got wise to how easy it is to get a hex screwdriver to remove the screws and started putting a special glue on the screws, so even if you get the correct tool to take them out ( and not strip the heads) they can still tell if you have taken the device apart and void your warrenty......SNEAKY BUGGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrghozt no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cool thanks a lot everyone I appreciate the responses.