got up this morning, trackball on my 8300 would only go vertical, not horizontal at ... BlackBerry Curve forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Trackball woes

Advertisement

got up this morning, trackball on my 8300 would only go vertical, not horizontal at all. tried to powerdown/up a few times, this didnt help. i have a clear hardcase on it so i was reluctant to take the battery out, so i decided to delete a few themes i had installed the last couple of days. i did and the ball works great. does anyone know why deleting some apps would help this probem? i have a 1 gb card in it and still have over 600mb memory. has this happened to anyone else, I'd like to hear from you.

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Trackball woes

This happened to me on the Pearl, but I was brave and took the trackball out and cleaned it. I had some lent build up behind the ball. After that it worked perfectly.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

PIN/ID
    nada

it didnt seem to be a external issue, right after i deleted the two themes i had recently downloaded, it worked fine. i wonder if there was an issue with one of the themes? like i said, i had plenty of memory, so it couldnt have been a memory cap issue.

skeogh88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

how hard is it to take out the trackball out and clean it?

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!

Naw, Like zjfarmer said, sometimes junk gets caught up in the trackball and cause it to act all weird. sometimes you have to take it out and clean it, or blow some air in it.

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

Weird coincidence, but I wouldn't think that the themes would have anything to do with the trackball not working. You've probably got some junk on the rollers.

PIN/ID
    nada

maybe, but its never happened before, i had an 8100 and never had to clean it like that, this curve is 6 mos old and VERY gently used. anywho, im just glad it started working-i was like great, what next.....?

Spoook no está en línea BES Pro

I would hazard the same guess. Just a bit of junk on the roller and a big coincidence. I had a similar thing happen randomly on my pearl. Trackball only went in one direction. After rolling it around for a day it suddenly started working as the junk was dislodged. Never had a problem again
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    nada

thanks everyone. that was wierd and a bit scary. i hope it doent happen again