Just got a new blackberry. Just two days after getting it I'm having trackball trouble. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Peter6625 no está en línea Stack level 1

Trackball trouble!!!

Advertisement

Just got a new blackberry. Just two days after getting it I'm having trackball trouble. Is there any way I can adjust it? I've cleaned it out a couple of times and that doesn't help. I can scroll, but I have trouble clicking it, I have to press hard to get it to respond.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Welcome to Pinstack

If you just your BB you have come to the right place.

When you first get your BB the trackball can be a bit hard to depress....the move you use it the more it will BREAK IN ..

question.....did you have it in your pocket or somewhere that dirty could get into it ?

Try a can of compressed ait to blow it out

If you go to your KEYBOARD settings you can adjust the trackball.

OPTIONS>Screen/Keyboard>Trackball
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

blazen2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2426EC63
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~man that sucks bad. I ordered a new one from ebay after a year my pearl was dead. A new pearl for my 8320 was the best thing ever. You can try alcohal and a q-tip.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    if you need to...
    you can use your thumb nail to remove the silver ring around the trackball assembly.
    BE VERY CAREFUL this ring is held in place with 3 sets of small clips. I have not broken one in ALL the times I have removed this to clean the trackball but they could easily be broken. if you go this route BE CAREFUL!!!!

once the ring is off you can turn the BB over in your hand, give it a good tap so that the trackball assembly falls in the palm of your hand you can then use the compressed air on the inside of your BB (aim up you don't want the liquid coming out and fudging your phone up.

move the ball around in the assembly (hit it with the compressed air as well.
    if you are feeling really adventurous you can get a Q-tip with some isopropyl alcohol, and clean that assembly. don't use to much or let it sit out to dry if you do. you DON'T want moisture in your phone.

moisture+phone=unhappy blackberry user.

place the assembly back in your phone and replace the silver ring (carefully) and your back in business. I do this once every two weeks, Just to keep it clean.

I live in a desert so I get alot of Sand and just gunk in general so I had to start doing this. seems to work well and it becomes second nature after the first time you do it.
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 09-22-2008 at 02:57 PM.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

blazen2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2426EC63
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    if you need to...
    you can use your thumb nail to remove the silver ring around the trackball assembly.
    BE VERY CAREFUL this ring is held in place with 3 sets of small clips. I have not broken one in ALL the times I have removed this to clean the trackball but they could easily be broken. if you go this route BE CAREFUL!!!!

once the ring is off you can turn the BB over in your hand, give it a good tap so that the trackball assembly falls in the palm of your hand you can then use the compressed air on the inside of your BB (aim up you don't want the liquid coming out and fudging your phone up.

move the ball around in the assembly (hit it with the compressed air as well.
    if you are feeling really adventurous you can get a Q-tip with some isopropyl alcohol, and clean that assembly. don't use to much or let it sit out to dry if you do. you DON'T want moisture in your phone.

moisture+phone=unhappy blackberry user.

place the assembly back in your phone and replace the silver ring (carefully) and your back in business. I do this once every two weeks, Just to keep it clean.

I live in a desert so I get alot of Sand and just gunk in general so I had to start doing this. seems to work well and it becomes second nature after the first time you do it.
    Ya I wish I would have know how sensative the bezel was. That's one of the reasons I had to get a new trackball and bezel.

j2harvey no está en línea Stack level 2
    Worst come 2 worst. U can just order a trackbball from blackberrytrackballs.com for $15. Which is not that bad. I got one from there nd it worked perfectly. Plus since its from an american manufactuer the shipping isn't doesn't cost much or take 2 long
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    If it gives you continued trouble or just doesn't feel right, I would NOT attempt to disassemble or repair it as this will void your warranty.
    Your best bet if it's only a couple days after purchase and not working properly
    is to take it back and get it replaced.
    The above suggestions are great however if you are out of warranty.

j2harvey no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yea lavagirl is rite. Since u just got da fone ur best bet is 2 probly use ur warranty nd get a whole new device. As all dat stuff will void da warranty~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    If it gives you continued trouble or just doesn't feel right, I would NOT attempt to disassemble or repair it as this will void your warranty.
    Your best bet if it's only a couple days after purchase and not working properly
    is to take it back and get it replaced.
    The above suggestions are great however if you are out of warranty.

you make a great point.

I should have mentioned that.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

johnnybrav0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just take it back and I'm pretty sure they will replace it for you...