I took my trackball out to clean it and I think I lost the metal ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Lindararith no está en línea Stack level 3

Trackball retainer clip

Advertisement

I took my trackball out to clean it and I think I lost the metal retainer clip that is place under the ring. When I was taking it out, it pop and flew across the room. I e-mail the cnn.cn to see if their trackball came with a metal retainer clip and he said I didn't need it and that only the pearl 81XX came with it. I need someone to check on their Curve for me to see if it came with a metal retainer clip because I don't remember if it came with it or not.
    Last edited by Lindararith; 09-24-2008 at 02:35 AM.

D&L

k9820986843 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    256D62B2

Thumbs up

u dont need the clip for the pearl either just fit it in and no probls.i cleant my trackball yest and guess what when i removed it there was no clip at all

When I had a pearl ... it came with one. My friend has a pearl and I check on his pearl and it have the metal retainer clip.

I notice that the trackball is not as secure as it use to be before I took it out yesterday. No, I didn't break any clips on the ring.

D&L

SamlvsBB no está en línea Stack level 3
    if only the 81XX come with it, cants you buy a trackball for the 81XX and tae the retainer and use it on your phone? i used ot have a 8100 and if i can remember correctly, it was the same as my curve

Quote Originally Posted by SamlvsBB View Post
    if only the 81XX come with it, cants you buy a trackball for the 81XX and tae the retainer and use it on your phone? i used ot have a 8100 and if i can remember correctly, it was the same as my curve
    On the site .. It is not include with any trackballs. But I found one another website that include the metal retainer clip. Thanks anyways.

mattdoucet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301CB12F
    Ya don't need it. I couldn't get the flipn thing to fit back in when I cleaned it last. I put it into my device one piece at a time instead of putting it all together and try to fit it back in. I didn't bother putting the clip back in cause it seems the only purpose was to keep the components of the trackball together. I find my ball is working way better without it and its sooooo much more easier to clean.

dilemma no está en línea Stack level 1
    Which clip are you talking about? Is it too loose?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mattdoucet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301CB12F
    Its the metal clip that sits around your trackball. Not the round ring that you can see around the trackball~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~