Can anyone help, the trackball on my BB has stuck, occasionally it will go sideways ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mayflower no está en línea Stack level 1

trackball problems

Advertisement

Can anyone help, the trackball on my BB has stuck, occasionally it will go sideways but it will never go down so basically I can't do anything at all. T mobile very helpfully told me to go to a local tmobile - I am in Greece working, and there is no tmob here. Is there any way to move around the screen using the keyboard, so at least I could access msgs. Thanks
    Diana

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135
    When I had this problem on mine I was able to clean it. To do so you will need to carefully, with a small screwdriver, pop out the silver trim ring around the ball. Then remove the ball and clean it out. You need to be extremely careful in doing this so you don't break the tabs holding the trim ring in. Good luck!

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3
    go to a drug store, pick up some q-tips, alcohol (windex or tape head cleaner also works) and some compresed air.

take the q-tip, soak it is some alcohol and rub it in the trackball. with your CLEAN finger roll the ball around in all directions. after a minute blow it all out with your compressed air.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    i would use the qtip and alcohol as suggested, however i would do the compress air- if you do, there's a chance that dust might go in to your screen, which will result in a bigger issue
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3
    good point, but the PSI in those cans is not very high. I have never pushed crap into my screen.

its not like you are going to get a 150PSI Porter Cable compressor and blow it into the bb