My trackball has just stop working. The enter function still works by press down on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Spider_Tuc no está en línea Stack level 2

Trackball Not Working BB8900

Advertisement

My trackball has just stop working. The enter function still works by press down on the trackball and all of the other key functions still work. I've tried a soft reset and battery pull reset with no luck.

Has this heppen to anyone else?

Any ides for solutions?

Thanks, Spider
    Last edited by Spider_Tuc; 06-21-2009 at 08:15 PM.
    Spider

YvesV no está en línea Stack level 1
    This kind of depends on if you have an issue with your hardware (ie: lint stuck on trackball wheels) or software ( ie: OS malfunction/glitch)

I've had the hardware issue many times even with my 8320. I recently just had my 8900 replaced because the trackball wouldn't allow me to scroll down anymore. I tried all the troubleshooting tips like holding it down and rolling it around but nothing worked.

The first generation Curve's trackball was easy to remove and clean but the 8900 requires you to take apart the entire front face assembly to access that. Since my phone was still under warranty, I just had them replace it.

The only thing I can really suggest if the trackball actually FEELS weird is try to hold the ball down and roll it around to maybe get it loose.

dillon316 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2571671D
    I know this might sound a bit weird but put a bit of spit (Saliva) on it and roll it around. Usually does the trick for me.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    It will be nice when RIM does away with the trackball and goes to the biaometric device
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

sadie84 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I've had the same issue. Sometimes it take many times for it to move around sideways.
    I should send it back and get a new one heh.
    Like the angel you are you laugh creating a lightness in my chest,
    Your eyes they penetrate me,
    (Your answer's always 'maybe')
    That's when I got up and left.

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    Spit!?? :O if that water goes onto your motherboard ....ooooo. Lol but i took mine out cuz i was doing the bezel swap. Voids ur warranty though so guess just take it to them, or get those alcohol wipes and just loosely move it around with that.
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

blakeyates no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    ive cleaned mine off with soap and let it dry for a few hours
    UGA Alumni 2008-11

Spider_Tuc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Update: I’ve request a replacement BB8900 from T-Mbl., covered under manufactures warranty. It should be here in about week for now back to my trusty BB8100. I’m just hoping this will be the first and last issue with the BB8900 for me.

The only other thing I left out of my original post was that I ensured to the trackball was clean with a disposable alcohol whip.

Thanks to everyone who posted a sincere reply, for the rest of you I’m glad you find yourselfs funny or just plan…. XXXXX :-)
    Spider