Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey guys! So i constantly use my Jav day in/out, and today the sensitivity of ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Macinshak no está en línea Stack level 2

Trackball issues??

Advertisement

Hey guys! So i constantly use my Jav day in/out, and today the sensitivity of the trackball just went to the darkside. The trackball has to be pressed "harder" now for it to respond!! .. with all the things I do with the phone, it gets kinda annoying!! has anyone experienced this before?? Can anyone sho me what I can do to fix this?? the scrolling over of icons has not changed, and the ball " scrolls " with no problems as before, just pressing to send a message or something!

Help Help!!

caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    a good cleaning would help.

How do you do that on a Jav?? any How To's??

PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    there should be, just run a search.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I would just give a quick blast of air from a can of air duster and see if that will help. If that doesn't work I would go to Settings>Options>Screen/Keyboard>Trackball and adjust the sensitivity a little bit to see if that will compensate the issue. Vertical and horizontal roll are both set at 70 I would recommend that if you do plan on adjusting sensitivity doin it in increments of 5.

PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    ^^^i have found air works with small amounts of dust but it some times just makes the problem worse, actually taking it out and cleaning is a far superior method. he said scrolling is fine just the actual push down sensitivity is the problem.

876empire no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had this problem with a Bold 9000 that had water damage and no amount of cleaning would fix it. I would suggest a new trackball

PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    ^^thats if its water damage water damage....

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose06 View Post
    ^^^i have found air works with small amounts of dust but it some times just makes the problem worse, actually taking it out and cleaning is a far superior method. he said scrolling is fine just the actual push down sensitivity is the problem.
    With these new generation Blackberrys most avg users don't have the knowledge on how to remove the trackball that is why I recommended using the air duster. Another thing is that its not dust its more the dead skin and oils that have tracked off the tips of your fingers. I seldom run into actual dust itself being the culrpit. Another thing we failed to ask as well if the user puts his phone in his pockets. Thats another variable to think about.

absolutely it goes in my pocket! lol.. there could be a small amount of water that may come, i just set it to the side while i shave n listen to music, and finger tips are slightly wet, and I use the scroll to change my songs. Its not exactly dripping off my fingers. Do i need a new trackball? or removing the trackball is worth it?

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    My mothers Bold did same thing, so she took it in to replace the trackerball, that wasnt the problem. The problem was in the software not recognizing the tracker ball, so they gave her a new one.

iLord is DEAD!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I doubt this will help, but its what I do every now and then to keep my trackball running smoothly.

In the pharmacy dept in some stores are alcohol patches used to swab an area before an injection. They're foil wrapped and individually packaged as well as cheap. They've got a good deal of alcohol on them, but not enough to drip.

I take one and rub the trackball several directions. Seems to keep mine clean.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    I agree totaly with cooley on this, but I would take battery out and let dry for a few min.

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I doubt this will help, but its what I do every now and then to keep my trackball running smoothly.

In the pharmacy dept in some stores are alcohol patches used to swab an area before an injection. They're foil wrapped and individually packaged as well as cheap. They've got a good deal of alcohol on them, but not enough to drip.

I take one and rub the trackball several directions. Seems to keep mine clean.

iLord is DEAD!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    You could. The swabs don't seem to have enough to cause issues, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to be safe.

So... Was about to use the alcohol method.. Until constantly using the ball, until it sorta got stuck scrolling up, so I pushed it and played around it and boom!! Prob solved! Must've been something under that sucker! Scroll works like a dream now!! What a nightmare if all our trackballs were non-functional lol. Can anyone imagine?

Thanks for everyones help and input!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast