I have had my BB for about a month now and seem to have a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

butcheredboy no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Trackball issue

Advertisement

I have had my BB for about a month now and seem to have a trackball problem. Every now and then (twice in the last two weeks to be more precise), my trackball will not properly respond. For instance, the first instance of trouble, my trackball would only move the cursor (not really a cursor, but you get the idea I hope) left, right, or down. I could not move it up at all. After I shut my BB off fully, the problem seemed to disappear. Is this a trackball issue or a software issue?

I assume it's a software/memory issue; kinda like when Windows slows down due programs using system resources. If this is the case, is there a way to free up memory? I have the phone to turn off automatically every night, but know this is slightly different than a full shutdown. Should I do a full shutdown every night or few days?

Thanks for any help.

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    I had this issue on my Pearl when I had it.. and I would just "click and drag" the trackball for a few seconds and that sometimes fixed it. Never had that happen on my Curve, but since your phone is so new I would recommend busting out the warranty if this continues to happen.
    Last edited by atleastzero; 10-04-2008 at 12:52 AM. Reason: I misspelled "warranty" X-P
    www.ATLEASTZERO.com -~- my WebComic
    PIN: 2420565A -~- T-Mo 8320 4.5.0.52

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hey, well probably if your trackball is not responding to go one way is not a software issue... More like a little dirt or something. Here are some ways to fix it:
    1. Press down and roll it around different directions.
    2. Grab a van of compressed air and blow on it to try to get the dirt out.
    3. With your BB off and battery out, take a qtip and moist it with a bit of alcohol. With a little toilet paper take the extra alcohol out of the qtip and roll it around the trackball to clean it out.
    And 3. If you are a smoker take a small, very small amount of cigarette ash and roll it into the trackball and it should work again. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    As far as clearing up some memory, probably the best way to do that is to remove all non-used apps that you may have. Let me know if it did anything. Take care. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~