I have the curve, and think i may have "faulty" trackball lighting. I have my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

suertetres no está en línea Stack level 1

trackball issue

Advertisement

I have the curve, and think i may have "faulty" trackball lighting.

I have my settings to NOT autodim, does this mean screen, keyboard and trackball?

Drives me crazy, my trackball seems to be "half on" its real dull, if i cover party of my screen with my hand, it comes on, but not full brightness. I've tried testing the light sensitivity, but it seems pretty random, if I cover my BB, the trackball sometimes will light up, but not always. It usually is always on at night.

Any insight?

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    The light sensor on the bb is right behind the led notification light.I think the autodim is for screen,ball and keyboard. If u switch off autodim then they all light up @ 50% intensity. You can test your light sensor by going to status in options and typing test. It will open up a series of tests and one of them tests the light sensitivity. During the test covering the led light with your finger should bring down the value to '0' and under bright light should take it above to 1000+
    Try this and u'll know if there is a problm with the light sensor ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    As the person who responded to you on Howard Forums said, your trackball may just be dirty.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

suertetres no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ganns1980 View Post
    As the person who responded to you on Howard Forums said, your trackball may just be dirty.
    It could be, but don't think so. The light changes brightness, with or without me touching the ball- the dirt isn't moving the ball to adjust its brightness so it has to be the LED