I need help my darn trackball started acting up and doesnt do anything when I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

GD_2005 no está en línea Stack level 2

Arrow Trackball does nothing when pressing it down??

Advertisement

I need help my darn trackball started acting up and doesnt do anything when I press down on it .. what do u suggest I do to fix it? I bought it off ebay and its an unlocked at&t phone?

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Is there the clicking feel when you push it down or is it just feel like pushing a rock in the floor. The track ball itself probably isn't the problem. I have investigated the track ball and set up. It looks that when you push the trackball down it hits a switch that is built onto the board inside. Maybe you could pull the track ball out and clean the contact point from the bottom of the ball to the switch on the board. Good luck. Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yah theres a click and I took the track ball out and everything and cleaned it but still the same problem?

Hmm. I just took my trackball out and had a look in there. You will notice to the left of the led there is a copper dome. This is the button that is engaged when you press on the ball.

Do this very carefully and St your own risk (had to say that, I think). I just performed this test and its not really hard to be careful.

Pop out your trackball again and take a small blunt object and push on the copper dome. Do this with something that you are comfortable not to damage it. Like don't use a knife or something. Maybe a lid from a pen that's plastic. If your berry responds to this you likely need a new track ball if not t you may have a problem on the board of your berry. again good luck. Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you have small fingers. That would probably be best. That small? Yea right. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Oh and have you done a battery pull? Sometimes I jump too fast. Never really heard the pearl lock out and be repaierd with a battery pull but it seems to fix a lot of problems....~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah thanks ive tried everything pretty much no luck so far hmm?