I've searched the forum and saw that others stackers have had problems with the trackball ... BlackBerry Curve forum

frankthomas no está en línea Stack level 2

trackball does not click

Advertisement

I've searched the forum and saw that others stackers have had problems with the trackball not selecting an option when being clicked. I've tried popping it out and cleaning it with rubbing alcohol, it worked for a few times but then stopped working, anyone have any ideas of what to do, given that my warnaty is up?

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey,
    Read this thread, it should help you in figuring out what has made the track ball stop working. (I recommended this just so you might have an idea WHY it quit working) Although it isn't a permenant fix it may just get you headed in the right direction.

http://forums.pinstack.com/f57/solut...t_click-98057/

-Hank

P.S. There are also many websites that you can purchase a new trackball and ring collar from, just ask around the forum for recommendations or Google Replace Trackball for 8320 Curve. I seen many sites, however I can't recommend any because fortunately for me I haven't had to deal with this problem. Knock on WOOD!!

Anyhow Good Luck in whichever action you choose.
    Hate me for everything I am before you love me for something I'm NOT!!!

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Diagnose the problem first to the best you can. All else fails you can buy new trackball(s) from amazon.com or fonlogix.com (do google sear for 8320 replace trackball). I just ordere 2 trackballs last week and they arrived yesterday. My problem was the dirt and oil from constant use had my trackball greyish turning black. If you cannot find a link in amazon PM or PIN me.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998
    Try www.blackberrytrackballs.com. I think they are $12 including shipping.

Thanks, I was hoping to not have to buy a trackball but that may be an option. Today the trackball started to work again but not everytime, I'm guessing its some sort of short in the connection. Ill have to check it out again.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Frank, spray the thing with Windex. Roll it around every which way while depressing it. Take a finger nail and gently pull the end of each roller away from the assembly. Let it dry 30 min, then reinstall. It's good to have a spare on hand.
    Here's the new Atomic Trackball: http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-curve-...ll-p-3968.html

PIN/ID
    319b4998
    Its not in the connection. It has more to do with dirt or lint getting between the ball and the rollers. Mine started to stick occasionally. Then more often. I think it is better to be proactive and replace it before it stops working. It only takes about 5min to replace it. The best $12 I have spent. If it stops working its to late. I bought an extra one just in case it stops working again. A BB without a working trackball just makes you cry.

PIN/ID
    319b4998
    P.S. With the economy the way it is, buy American. Cnn.cn is out of China

So I just replaced my trackball with a brand new one and it still doesn't click does anyone have any ideas, because this sucks and I just spent $20 on nothing.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~