I was out in the rain today (for a very short time) with my phone ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Feather71 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Trackball definitely rolling just not responding on screen.

Advertisement

I was out in the rain today (for a very short time) with my phone in my coat pocket. When I got indoors I noticed water on the casing. I quickly dried it off, took battery out etc to dry it but there was no water in there.
    My rollerball is not responding now AAGGHH! Can I just state that it rolls fine, isnt getting stuck at all, it just isnt responding at all. All the answers Ive looked at on the internet seem to be rollerballs that are stuck up with dirt. Mine doesnt ,it rolls just as normal.
    I thought I better mention the rain thing but I honestly dont think any rain got in the phone.
    I was gonna take rollerball out but you need to take phone apart and i dont have right tool.
    Ive just actually popped the little black rubber ball out of its socket, cleaned it and blew into the hole.
    Ive also tried removing battery etc.
    My phone is well out of warranty now.
    I love my BB please help!!!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Well I would believe that removing the trackball is your best option, it's too bad you are shy the tools. For some reason it is not making contact so taking it apart would be the way to find the problem. Sorry I know this isn't much help

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Feather71 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

No honestly any advice is a big help. I might just buy one of the tools of the internet if I can't fix it. I managed to pop the little rubber ball out and I've cleaned the ball and the hole twice. Its now working randomly bout once every 40 tries. Bit frustrating but its a start. Gonna keep on with it.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Try a qtip barely moistened with rubbing alcohol. Carefully clean the contacts (rollers).

Be very careful not to leave any cotton behind, and try not to use TOT much alcohol.

Do this while the battery is out.

Not 100% sure it will work, so be careful.