Alright well I haven't really had any types of problems with it. At random times ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Instantz no está en línea Stack level 3

Trackball

Advertisement

Alright well I haven't really had any types of problems with it. At random times it has gave out to scroll a certain way. Right now it doesn't want to go up.

What are some easy ways to fix it, I know that its not a major problem and that it is easily fixed.
    -MOTO*DROID- *Verizon Wireless*

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Often times you can get it working again just by rolling/working the trackball until whatever it is dislodges, and try cleaning the trackball with a q-tip just damp(not too wet) with a tiny bit of alcohol.

You could try cleaning it with canned air to see if that will blast it out, or take out the trackball assembly and clean it. Try just popping the little chrome ring off and cleaning the assembly. It's actually quite simple to do. I do not recommend taking the whole trackball assembly apart though, very tiny parts. Here's a tutorial on trackball cleaning.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ictures-38395/

I recommend you order a spare trackball as well. They are easy to replace and can be gotten for $10-$13 including shipping from various sources. This on is my favorite, slow shipping, but I find them to have the best quality of the 3 different sources I have purchased them from. http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-81xx83...ll-p-1857.html
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    A very unusual way to get your trackball working again is to take a very very small amount of cigarette ash and place it in your finger... Roll it in your trackball and it should work fine again. I've had my pearl for a while now and that's how I get it to work again. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Alright, well I tried to just roll it around like you told me to do. I have tried that repeatedly and no success. =(
    I am in school right now. So it is kind of limited to what I can do.

What is the best thing to use to get the silver ring popped off?
    I don't want to take a risk of damaging any part of the phone.

But I will look at the other tutorials and so forth and try to figure things out.

Thanks for the help guys.

I'm glad the ash trick works for you mr carter but I do not recommend trying it instanz

Being a chick, I just use my long nails to gently pry it up. Working around slowly and gently since it is just plastic and has tiny prongs that can break. The prongs are positioned at 3,6,9 o'clock, none at the top(12 o,clock)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Alright, I will try to do the prying up right now. Thanks for where the positions of them are, knowing me I'd probably break one, which would not be a good thing.

Wish me luck.

Which side of the thing do you recommend taking prying first? 6 or 12? or does that even matter?

Just keep working your way around gently. I usually start at 3 or 9. Once the ring is off just put your hand over the trackball and turn your bb face down and the trackball assembly should come out pretty easily. Also before you put the ring back on, test the trackball and make sure the scrolling is working in the right directions. When you first remove the trackball assembly look at which way it was in there.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Alright, thank you I will try this asap and hopefully I won't lose any pieces while in school.

Yay!! I just got it to work again. It was just a little fuzz and a hair on the top side and I cleaned it out and it works again. Thank you for all your help. PM me your pin so I can always pin you for help if I need it.

Yet again, thank you.

Woohoo, glad it's working for you again
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I am to, it runs smoothly again. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I'm glad the ash trick works for you mr carter but I do not recommend trying it instanz

Being a chick, I just use my long nails to gently pry it up. Working around slowly and gently since it is just plastic and has tiny prongs that can break. The prongs are positioned at 3,6,9 o'clock, none at the top(12 o,clock)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hahaha well the post was about a quick good fix... And the ash trick is exactly that.
    Glad to know you got it working again.