All of the sudden my track ball won't move the cursor down anymore. I can ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rumplestoneskin no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Track ball won't move cursor down!!

Advertisement

All of the sudden my track ball won't move the cursor down anymore. I can move side to side, and up (i can still play bubble popper since its in the top row of my icons) but not down. This happened pretty suddenly, no warning, just all of the sudden i can't scroll down on anything. pulled out the battery to turn it off (twice) to no avail. I used compressed air on it. The only thing i did was run the handheld software for the 8310 the night before to use it to install bubblepopper. Getting a refurbed sent asap, but dang! I've never seen this before. Any thoughts?

by the way, its my first post, go easy on me? )

rumplestoneskin

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Kind of having the same problem. My track ball won't scroll up as fast as down and side to side. Very little juice fell on my track ball today. Now I don't know if it's a little sticky around the track ball. I tried passing alcohol pads on it, but it works good when the track ball is wet. I guess I'm going to have to live with it because I am not taking my BB apart.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Welcome! Sounds like you have gotten something in your trackball assembly. I just pulled mine apart for it's regular cleaning and found a chunk of funk in there, probably skin. (Only recommend trackball detailed cleaning for Advanced users/ or those w/no warranty...) You have a replacement coming, so your good. Nice to have ya' here!

xxchixorxx no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just press down on the trackball and roll it around. That usually gets whatever is in there unstuck.

*~Sheila~*
    243A0D29

jayfreeman no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes and theres a few threads around detailing other simple solutions. I have had an akward trackball twice since I got my curve in May 07. Try here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=76434

soufpac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    \P
    had same problem two days ago, used this outstanding but simple tutorial from reddog187, and now my trackball runs like the first day i got it.http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...673#post785673
    but as mentioned above, do at your own risk, these parts are unbelievably small, and i myself went crazy looking for one of the rollers which i dropped on a all white carpet. Dont ask, but I somehow found it, and it was smooth sailing from there.

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    I posted this same problem the other day. I'm hesitant about removing my trackball, so I blew some compressed air into it and it seems to be doing okay. If it happens again, I'm going to grow some balls and take the dang thing apart.
    Lis (not dead, but Berried)
    Music is feelings unspoken.

Timo529 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I took mine apart it really isn't VERY difficult just take note of how it comes apart the silver part takes very little pressure I've removed mine with my nail or like a credit card tip pay attention to how you take the silver part off its probably the most difficult part other then that everything goes back together pretty easily ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by potthoff View Post
    I posted this same problem the other day. I'm hesitant about removing my trackball, so I blew some compressed air into it and it seems to be doing okay. If it happens again, I'm going to grow some balls and take the dang thing apart.
    If you need help, PM me...done it about 20+ times...I know the drill. Even will give you extra tips on whitening your trackball.
    Last edited by Jbee; 06-26-2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Just "ball" didn't sound right...oops!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    For some reason my trackball is starting to go back to normal.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rumplestoneskin no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks everyone, that's great. After a quick bit of manhandling, it seems to have fixed itself. Now, i just gotta send back the refurb that they sent me. Thanks everybody. Stackers rock!

soufpac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    \P
    Quote Originally Posted by rumplestoneskin View Post
    thanks everyone, that's great. After a quick bit of manhandling, it seems to have fixed itself. Now, i just gotta send back the refurb that they sent me. Thanks everybody. Stackers rock!
    no you rock
    "I dont pray for lighter burdens, I pray for a stronger back."

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5
    You can also take a qtip with rubbing alchohol on it and rub the ball...then roll the ball around and apply more to another part of the surface..continue until you hit it all and see if this helps somewhat. As noted above, removing your trackball should only be done if you do not have warranty available as this could void your warranty otherwise.

I have also read of others that simply pushed down harder on their trackball and moved it around to shake loose whatever was causing the problem and it cleared up.

I had this happen once and was able to replace mine via warranty. I know just apply alcohol every once in a while and spray a little compressed air over my keys. No probs since.