I have a 8310 and would like to have the track ball change color. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cubanito no está en línea Stack level 1

track ball tansfer

Advertisement

I have a 8310 and would like to have the track ball change color. I know that its not posible unless you have the pearl. Is it possible to get a track ball from a pearl and put it in a 8310? or are the leds under the track ball and not part of the track ball assembly? after that can you download a trackball program and have it work on the 8310. thanks

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    there is no program for the 83xx series, only some of the 81xx series. All trackballs are white in color. If youre feeling brave you could take the assembly out, color the ball with a magic marker-sharpie and reinstall it. Not hard to do. No colored LEDs in the 83xx. Sorry

cubanito no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    there is no program for the 83xx series, only some of the 81xx series. All trackballs are white in color. If youre feeling brave you could take the assembly out, color the ball with a magic marker-sharpie and reinstall it. Not hard to do. No colored LEDs in the 83xx. Sorry
    i dont want to color the track ball. i want it to light up like a bbpearl 8100. the pearl has three different color leds that change. i wanted to swap a bbpearl track ball in to my 8310 curve

PIN/ID
    nada
    the trackball assembly does not have the LEDs. the LED on the 83XX series is just a light, no colors. swapping out the trackball will accomplish nothing since you only have one LED in your device.

PIN/ID
    nada
    yes, the LEDS in the pearl are under the trackball assy and are hard wired into the device itself, same with the 83xx. you cant take them out and reinstall them

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I wanted a colored trackball as well, but I didn't want to use a marker to color it, or sticky tape colored with a marker. I had colored tissue paper from a birthday gift and a took a tiny piece and placed it over the white led. Now my pearl glows bright pink or purple whenever I feel like a change.
    Try it,
    Lesa

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by cubanito View Post
    I have a 8310 and would like to have the track ball change color. I know that its not posible unless you have the pearl. Is it possible to get a track ball from a pearl and put it in a 8310? or are the leds under the track ball and not part of the track ball assembly? after that can you download a trackball program and have it work on the 8310. thanks
    That is a great idea except it doesn't work. I wish the new bb will have a led underneath the trackball, as does the Pearl. Wishful thinking, eh?

PIN/ID
    ask
    Why doesn't work? It works for me and buddys (I did their berrys for them)
    Lesa

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    i dont think rim will have color leds added to any other device other than pearl. Each bb that rim releases has different features for each model, which gives reasons to pick one over another bb.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Nevermind, u weren't talking about what I did...my brains working slow today.. lol
    Lesa