Just today my trackball started feeling smooth as it "scrolled". Actually it didn't scroll. This ... BlackBerry Curve forum

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Track Ball Feeling "Smooth"??????

Advertisement

Just today my trackball started feeling smooth as it "scrolled". Actually it didn't scroll. This only occurred when rolling downward. Am I already losing my trackball functionality? Sometimes it's okay, but most of the day it's been "smooth" rolling. Know what I mean?

Anybody................HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lis (not dead, but Berried)
    Music is feelings unspoken.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~avoid the moist, make sure your hands are dry when you touch the track ball.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Lotions also gunk up trackball and dirty up the tiny magnetic gears. FYI...just got through cleaning mine...just like new! Gotta' love that new trackball-feel!

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    Get some QD Electronics cleaner from the auto parts store. Take out the trackball, and place it on a napkin.. Spray the electronics cleaner inside and out of the ball, and move it round a little bit.. It should clean the contacts, and not leave any residue behind...

P.S. The electronics cleaner dries pretty fast, and it shouldnt hurt your hands. It works great for cleaning the contacts on any electronic connection. Even works on your headphone ports, as long as the device your cleaning has no power going to it, you should be ok..
    Just make sure you are careful with removing the TB, and its replacement.
    Last edited by justajason; 06-25-2008 at 11:57 PM.
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

ag_one80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by justajason View Post
    Get some QD Electronics cleaner from the auto parts store. Take out the trackball, and place it on a napkin.. Spray the electronics cleaner inside and out of the ball, and move it round a little bit.. It should clean the contacts, and not leave any residue behind...

P.S. The electronics cleaner dries pretty fast, and it shouldnt hurt your hands. It works great for cleaning the contacts on any electronic connection. Even works on your headphone ports, as long as the device your cleaning has no power going to it, you should be ok..
    Just make sure you are careful with removing the TB, and its replacement.
    that sounds great,I have to wash my hands before I touch my track ball.but anyway,how do you remove the track ball?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Go her for trackball removal and cleaning:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=38395

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    thanks for that link ^^ i was going to look it up soon. i ordered a new housing (going to be painted, yet not sure what color) and a new trackball kit. mine is feeling smooth as well (compared to my husband's brand new 8120 )

i can't wait! this will make it look like a new bb!

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    thanks for that link ^^ i was going to look it up soon. i ordered a new housing (going to be painted, yet not sure what color) and a new trackball kit. mine is feeling smooth as well (compared to my husband's brand new 8120 )

i can't wait! this will make it look like a new bb!
    Wow... springing for a new housing C2? I figured you'd be holding on to those coins for the Bold????

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I was having the same issue with my trackball. So I called my provider to see if I could order a new track ball. Instead they gave me a number to call for warrenty. They sent me a new 8130 and had it out to me the very next day! I even asked if I could get a red one instead of the blue one. And they gave me a red one no questions asked. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Mine got super smooth too, it has trouble going up sometimes. I already ordered a replacement trackball thing from cnn.cn and have tools to change it and clean my entire phone. Yay
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!