So I just got the 8130 about 3 weeks ago but I want to get ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Noah.D no está en línea Stack level 2

Tough Decision

Advertisement

So I just got the 8130 about 3 weeks ago but I want to get the curve and I have been hearing that it comes out on Verizon at the end of March or possibly sometime in April. Basically I'm thinking about returning my pearl next week and just wait for the curve to be released. Would it be possible for me to return it and go without a phone basically until the curve comes out. If I did that would i pay my regular bill, or would it be cheaper then the usual due to the fact of them taking off my service? By the way I am an add on line to a family plan.... not sure if that matters or not. I'm also worried that If i return my pearl the release date of the curve may end up being late summer or something and then me be stuck with no phone for a very long time. I payed 175 for my pearl by the way so if i ended up getting the curve what would be the difference I would have to pay because I don't know how much the curve is going to be on Verizon. Anyways tell me what you guys recommend that I do?

BluesDrive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC149
    I would suggest you keep the pearl and wait till the 8330 comes out and some reviews and comparisons. Then you can hunt around on e-bay or something for whichever curve you decide you want. I don't know if they still give you the early termination fee if you're just switching phones.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rry_curve.html
    My detailed tutorial on painting your blackberry.

Noah.D no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yep.. I think I'll just hold on to it and just wait until the curve actually comes out and take it from there. Thank you for the advice.

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Is 30 days the limit to returning a new phone? If so you will probably be locked into purchasing the curve at full retail if you hang onto the Pearl. Go to an ATT or TMobile store and look at the curves, the keyboard layout, body, etc. should all be the same basically except they will have GSM guts and not CDMA. At least you will get a feel for the phone and a good idea of whether you will actually want the curve when it's released. Then you can make an intelligent and informed decision before your return deadline for the Pearl..

As for the previous question about network charges with no phone. Yes you will be charged for monthly service since you are under contract, however some (not all) providers will let you drop your features to a minimum during the time you are without a phone.

Good Luck and Happy Berrying!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    keep both of them-variety is the spice of life. besides, you cant have too many blackberrys

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Can you wait another few days (till you've had this one for like 25 days), switch it for another and keep doing the 30 day dance until the curve comes out? Make friends with a rep and they'll let you do.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Can you wait another few days (till you've had this one for like 25 days), switch it for another and keep doing the 30 day dance until the curve comes out? Make friends with a rep and they'll let you do.

Haha, I like your idea the most. Lol. I want to do that.. lol.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Does the idea work, though?! Hey -- I'll even befriend a T-Mobile rep to that end!