I opened up my curve to clean the dust particles off my screen. Everything went ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lrspray no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20D3AAA8

Question Took apart to clean dust - Now adhesive below screen is not sticking..help?

Advertisement

I opened up my curve to clean the dust particles off my screen. Everything went well but when I put back together, the adhesive that keeps the main plate to the screen together along the edge of the screen does not stick very well. This makes the silver part around the screen stand out ( not even) right along the top… where it says Blackberry and where the LED light is.
    Anyone have any ideas on how to keep this down n make it stay. Any adhesives I could use? Or any other solutions?

Thanks,

Luis

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Did a quick google search and checked all the usual suspects (pdaparts.com, cellulardr.com) with regard to a specific glue for your purposes, but didn't come up with anything. I would imagine you could go to a hobby shop or hardware store and explain your situation and they would come up with a suitable product for you.

Please let us know what you find out as I am sure there are others that have had or will have the same situation.

Roger

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Luis,

Is it an actual adhesive that is applied there or is it tape?

www.gsm4world.us sells a roll of double-sided tape that might work, depending on your answer to the above question.

Roger

nashmax no está en línea Stack level 1
    You can order that screen overlay with new adhesive for about $7 from cnn.cn. I have ordered other stuff from them in the past and they are great to work with. For a little more though, you can get the whole faceplate and not have to deal with the adhesive. It would already be attached.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Chesteta no está en línea Stack level 2
    non acidic rubber cemnt in a thin line may also work...

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Double sided scotch tape, you can get it anywhere.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Super glue too!

lrspray no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20D3AAA8
    Great thanks for the help! i will try all those. i have quite a few Curves with that problem of the stuck out screen plate for lack of adhesive.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have heard that if you set your blow dryer at a small heating setting and use that, it will help the adhesive become sticky again.

thewildside no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by lrspray View Post
    I opened up my curve to clean the dust particles off my screen. Everything went well but when I put back together, the adhesive that keeps the main plate to the screen together along the edge of the screen does not stick very well. This makes the silver part around the screen stand out ( not even) right along the top… where it says Blackberry and where the LED light is.
    Anyone have any ideas on how to keep this down n make it stay. Any adhesives I could use? Or any other solutions?

Thanks,

Luis
    Learn a lesson before you take anything apart make sure you can put it back toghter or if you have stuff to put it back together and i agree with one of the poster here check out those local stores or look for a cellphone repair shop to get the issues fixed

hope you will be able to get your blackberry fixed
    all help given is free, and as is. I'd hate for someone to try and sue me for a mobile bill
    Help Me grow my website by spreading the word!
    http://gadgetworld4u.com

thewildside no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    I have heard that if you set your blow dryer at a small heating setting and use that, it will help the adhesive become sticky again.
    i agree with you sometimes it does work but not always !
    all help given is free, and as is. I'd hate for someone to try and sue me for a mobile bill
    Help Me grow my website by spreading the word!
    http://gadgetworld4u.com

Chesteta no está en línea Stack level 2
    any word on how it worked?