Hello All - Im trying to determine why my file free bytes are at "0" ... BlackBerry Curve forum

grapemist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Posted

Too Many Themes Maybe???

Advertisement

Hello All -

Im trying to determine why my file free bytes are at "0" even after i've, cleared my event log, browser cache (history, etc.), emv picture cache, cleared pictures, ringtones, etc. from Device Memory and finally pulled the battery. It's resulting in the obvious call log, sms /mms, BB Messenger data loss along with other data loss in other apps. I do, however, have 23 themes installed currently. I have a 2 gig memory card. I thought that theme data was stored in the memory card but it may be stored in the Device Memory. I've backed up all of my BB data. If I delete a few themes, Can I selectively restore a few themes I want or does it just put them all back as one file? Oh, and whats the recommended amount of themes to have installed in the 8320? Any and all feedback is appreciated.

TIA
    Last edited by grapemist; 07-12-2008 at 02:32 AM.

PIN/ID
    Posted
    Please guys, don't all reply at once.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by grapemist View Post
    Hello All -

Im trying to determine why my file free bytes are at "0" even after i've, cleared my event log, browser cache (history, etc.), emv picture cache, cleared pictures, ringtones, etc. from Device Memory and finally pulled the battery. It's resulting in the obvious call log, sms /mms, BB Messenger data loss along with other data loss in other apps. I do, however, have 23 themes installed currently. I have a 2 gig memory card. I thought that theme data was stored in the memory card but it may be stored in the Device Memory. I've backed up all of my BB data. If I delete a few themes, Can I selectively restore a few themes I want or does it just put them all back as one file? Oh, and whats the recommended amount of themes to have installed in the 8320? Any and all feedback is appreciated.

TIA
    Well, there could be a number of things, however I think I'd be safe to lean towards the 23 Themes on your Device and yes they are all on the phone's memory, not the media card; not to mention that some themes are pretty large nearing a 1mb very easily.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    yikes! i've heard of someone else having that many before (awhile back ) i tend to keep the default and maybe 5-7 of my favorites.

ZWood15 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24357A1B
    23 themes? Wow... I would say that is the cause. Try deleting some of them and see if that helps. If not, post back and see what others think might be the cause.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wu-wei no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    CHERS!
    Yeah, 23 is probably too many.

You can delete them one at a time, they are stored separately.

You might also want to look around for some of the handy guides on removing unused applications and preloaded media. I know voice activated dialing uses a lot of memory, and if you don't use it, then you might as well take back that space. Same for the preloaded video. That silly thing is about 2 MB.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Hey Grape, long time no hear! 23 is a BUNCH of themes, try deleting some and see what that does to your memory. We need to stay in touch. Have a blessed day!

PIN/ID
    Posted
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Hey Grape, long time no hear! 23 is a BUNCH of themes, try deleting some and see what that does to your memory. We need to stay in touch. Have a blessed day!
    Thanks man and lets stay in touch. Thank you all for your input. I deleted quite a few themes last night and im back up to par. I just didnt want to depart with them they are some out of sight themes from www.nancydrewthemes.com Her themes are terrific. She has amazing vision. Check her out.

swe_tawk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    210d17b3
    Quote Originally Posted by grapemist View Post
    Thanks man and lets stay in touch. Thank you all for your input. I deleted quite a few themes last night and im back up to par. I just didnt want to depart with them they are some out of sight themes from www.nancydrewthemes.com Her themes are terrific. She has amazing vision. Check her out.
    you probably already know this but if you use the DM to remove the themes(or any app/game) instead of doing it from your handheld its keeps them on your computer so you can go back and install them in the future. i do this with all my themes and games LOL

PIN/ID
    Posted
    Quote Originally Posted by swe_tawk View Post
    you probably already know this but if you use the DM to remove the themes(or any app/game) instead of doing it from your handheld its keeps them on your computer so you can go back and install them in the future. i do this with all my themes and games LOL
    I backed everything up on my phone using DM. When I tried to restore, it wouldnt let me add back themes one by one. It adds them all back as one file. Do you know a workaround for that? Let me know.

And TIA.

swe_tawk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    210d17b3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't do it through the back/restore.
    Do it through the app loader. U can click on what's installed(including seperate themes) on ur handheld to remove, and if its the same computer u removed the app/theme from u can reinstall as well.
    Hope this helps!

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001
    Try www.berrycoder.com Ifreed 10mb extra space..Dont know where it all came from..But removing VAD was a big one

PIN/ID
    Posted
    Quote Originally Posted by seabirdone View Post
    Try www.berrycoder.com Ifreed 10mb extra space..Dont know where it all came from..But removing VAD was a big one
    Thanks so much. Im gonna try it. I honestly thought the device memory could handle more themes.