Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I always let my 19 month old play with my phone, an 8320. I know ... BlackBerry Curve forum

karak411 no está en línea Stack level 1

Toddler+Sink+Berry=BADNESS!!

Advertisement

I always let my 19 month old play with my phone, an 8320. I know I know. This is bad and I am def paying the price now. See, she decided to sit IN the bathroom sink while I was getting ready for work and play with my phone. While she was in there, she accidentally turned on the water. Guess what got wet? Besides my daughter?! Yep, my beloved, my berry!

So now most of the buttons won't respond. I can roll the pearl button, but it won't respond to pushing.

Do you guys know of a way that I can see what a tech would see and know if it has water damage? I'm wondering if I take it to t-mobile and claim it "stopped working out of nowhere" if they will be able to tell. What do you guys think?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Toddler+Sink+Berry=BADNESS!!

when did this happen?
    if i were you, i would take the battery out and let it finish drying? did you try and turn it on right after it got wet?

blackberry and water do NOT mix...

ps. there is a tiny tiny sticker on the inside, under the battery. it will tell whether your bb got wet or not by x's appearing or disappearing...not sure which one, but you cannot be sneaky when it comes to water damage...
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 02-12-2008 at 02:43 AM. Reason: added ps.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yeah it the water indicator is red then you're out of luck. No way they will take it.

Your best bet follow cherri's advice and let it dry completely before turing it on. Hopefully you didn't try to turn it on while it was wet. Let it dry and start praying.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

in regards to the sticker, cant you just remove it or say that you have licked it or something.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Yeah it the water indicator is red then you're out of luck. No way they will take it.

Your best bet follow cherri's advice and let it dry completely before turing it on. Hopefully you didn't try to turn it on while it was wet. Let it dry and start praying.
    cant you just get anotehr one from somewhere, there is got to be a way
    Last edited by GeneKam; 02-12-2008 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Automerged.

PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by GeneKam View Post
    in regards to the sticker, cant you just remove it or say that you have licked it or something.
    -------

cant you just get anotehr one from somewhere, there is got to be a way
    i would never tell anyone to be dishonest. ever.

Okay, so apparantly, I am not schooled in water and berry mixing. It was on when it got wet and as I was trying to bang all the water out, I hit buttons, but it was on lock.

So, yeah, I totally used it. Frick! However, it wasn't "alot" of water really. And to be totally honest, I promise, I had some issues with the trackball a couple weeks back, akin to my pearl issues. I'm wondering if the water didn't make things worse.

As for red x's, I dont' see any......The only sticker on the back under the battery is the sn and upc info. there is nothing red on this sticker.

Ya'll think I'm in the clear?
    Last edited by karak411; 02-12-2008 at 02:55 AM.

PS thank you guys for being so quick and so helpful.

PIN/ID
    232D8D38

no its actually a tiny white, well in your case sqaure, it is ussually somwhere where you can see the motherboard. It is going to be on the wall of the berry, not on the bottom, look closer.

PIN/ID
    ATA

here's a pic of the sticker on my pearl.
    see the little white square kind of under the speaker opening on the side there? that's the sticker...very very tiny, as i said
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 02-12-2008 at 03:00 AM.

PIN/ID
    232D8D38

yup, i actaully licked mine just now lol, it started to redden :Ooh well my new curve is in teh mail, crimson red baby!

Okay, so based on the pics and what GeneKam says! (LOL), I have NO RED!!! Yay!!! So I will head to the t-mobile store tomorrow.

If, I send it back, and they do claim water damage, my "protection plan" i pay for every month should cover that, right, minus the deductible of course.

Oh, and thanks again.....the picture is just above and beyond and was super helpful!

Timo529 no está en línea Stack level 2

Actually its not just on the battery at least for the pearl on the pearl there are two checks for water damage on the battery there is the white sticker with three red xs and if it gets red the xs turn the sticker red and on the actual phone there is another sticker that I believe turns either red or green~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ray244190 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme

Little trick i learned a long time ago was that if your phone/berry took a dip is to put in a ziplock bag with rice. it will pull the water out of the smallest places.
    Normal is but just a setting on a dryer

Cron99 no está en línea Stack level 3

I have a 21 month old niece that just loves my BB so I certainly know what you mean. It amazes me how quickly they can figure things out on them. Todate she has learned how to start the camera and take pictures, get the media player to play (I have music video's loaded that she enjoys watching), and calling my boss at odd hours on the weekend when I'm visiting lol.

azn_Chin07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204C1F89

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ya, I have a buddy that had to send his pearl in for service up hear in canada, and the water damage indicator was red, but I know he didn't even come close to any water with his pearl, but that indicator is very sensitive, so good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast