I have a brand new 8320 from T-Mobile and I wanted to use the today ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Sharky147 no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile Today Theme Calendar Issue

Advertisement

I have a brand new 8320 from T-Mobile and I wanted to use the today theme but I notice that in my calendar I have people's birthdays as all day events (as to me they should be) and they don't show up on the main screen. It will show tasks and appt times, but not all day events. Is there a way to make it show the all day events? I am not a new BB user, but I don't usually use today so this one is a tad foreign. Thanks for any help you may provide.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    There's no way to make the all day events show. I always just make birthdays and holidays the first appt of the day so they display when I use a today style theme.

Not the solution you want, but a work-around.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sharky147 no está en línea Stack level 3
    To me that makes no sense, because birthdays aren't just on hour. The whole point of the today theme is to show you all of the events and to dos in your life. Well that pretty much means that it's better to not even use it being it does not really do what it should. I really wanted it to work properly, but I don't have time to go through every single birthday and change it. Anyone else have any suggestions? I appreciate the feedback, but I don't see the logic in a program not serving it's full use. I really want to use it and like the idea, but not at the expense of spending a bunch of time changing things when my computer syncs to it too and it was hard enough with that with me having Vista.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The only other suggestion I can think of is trying a 3rd party app like PocketDay. If I remember correctly that shows all day events.....they have a free trial so you could check it out. I believe you will find it at handango.com

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharky147 View Post
    I have a brand new 8320 from T-Mobile and I wanted to use the today theme but I notice that in my calendar I have people's birthdays as all day events (as to me they should be) and they don't show up on the main screen. It will show tasks and appt times, but not all day events. Is there a way to make it show the all day events? I am not a new BB user, but I don't usually use today so this one is a tad foreign. Thanks for any help you may provide.
    Ugh that is the most annoying quirk!

MRSOSINCERE no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yeah it does suck! Unfortunately there's no way to change it so for the most part I just put my birthdays from 12am-1159pm. Lol it covers the whole day and stays on your home screen all day ;o) I know it might be annoying to change them all, but what I did was change them a month or week at a time. Personally I look at my week in advance, so if I saw a birthday I'd open the series and change it from all day to a time. Hope this helps you because personally I love the today theme and I tend to pay more attention to my calendar w/this theme active.