Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

im a tmobile user but i want the 8300, so what i want to do ... BlackBerry Curve forum

xpensive taste no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    a.s.k.?

Question tmobile 8300

Advertisement

im a tmobile user but i want the 8300, so what i want to do is get a cingular account, but how do i unlock it, to work 4 tmo? but if i cancell the account and pay the penalties , do i keep the phone? bad idea?

any suggestions guys?
    Last edited by xpensive taste; 06-02-2007 at 05:18 PM.

StatikBB no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: tmobile 8300

Usually for existing customers they will give out the unlock codes, however I don't know about if you have a pretty new account. If you sign up and get the discount on the phone, then cancel the account, as long as you pay the cancellation fee ($175 for Cingular) the equipment belongs to you. My real advice though would be to just wait until the t-mo launch of the 8300, which is rumored to be sometime in the third quarter of this year.
    -Statik-
    T-Mobile RSR
    8100 Pearl

PIN/ID
    a.s.k.?

Thumbs up Re: tmobile 8300

thanx ! i appreciate your oppinion
    Quote Originally Posted by StatikBB
    Usually for existing customers they will give out the unlock codes, however I don't know about if you have a pretty new account. If you sign up and get the discount on the phone, then cancel the account, as long as you pay the cancellation fee ($175 for Cingular) the equipment belongs to you. My real advice though would be to just wait until the t-mo launch of the 8300, which is rumored to be sometime in the third quarter of this year.

I just talked to oneof my co-workers and she said that she believes you have to be a customer for 90 days with Cingy to get them to divulge the unlock code. However, there are many places online and also some retail stores that will either get the unlock code for you or actually complete the unlock process, both of which usually comming for a small fee. (around $15 to $30)
    -Statik-
    T-Mobile RSR
    8100 Pearl

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by xpensive taste
    im a tmobile user but i want the 8300, so what i want to do is get a cingular account, but how do i unlock it, to work 4 tmo? but if i cancell the account and pay the penalties , do i keep the phone? bad idea?

any suggestions guys?
    I would just wait. There are already ppl reporting trouble using the 8300 on T-Mobile. There is a thread on it too. Who knows maybe the t-mo release might have wifi. 90 days will go by quick so I will wait

rhcpcjg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205cbaed

The 8320 will be comng out for tmobile pretty soon it will have wifi so it will be compatible with the tmobile at home service.

Quote Originally Posted by husnain1
    I would just wait. There are already ppl reporting trouble using the 8300 on T-Mobile. There is a thread on it too. Who knows maybe the t-mo release might have wifi. 90 days will go by quick so I will wait
    I agree with you on this one. I just got around to reading the thread marked "T-Mobile 8300". Apparently users with Cingular 8300s are having a problem with the internet browser dissappearing and other issues. You may want to check out that thread before you decide if you want to get a Cingular 8300 and have it unlocked.
    -Statik-
    T-Mobile RSR
    8100 Pearl

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Personally, I'm waiting with baited breath for the new WiFi version on TMO. Good thing my 8700 doesn't fail me.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Personally, I'm waiting with baited breath for the new WiFi version on TMO. Good thing my 8700 doesn't fail me.
    I'm doing the same. Waiting is worth it.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

I'm so sick of 8100's suretype that I am currently searching for the best price of a used 8700g to hold me over until the 8320 on tmo. I've literally snapped.

PIN/ID
    a.s.k.?

Thumbs up Re: tmobile 8300

thanx to everyone im going to wait it out. wi-fi sonds good!!!!

THANX AGAIN PINSTACKERS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

glad you are waiting, but if you were DETERMINED I would just buy the Curve full retail instead of opening an account. The T-mobile Curve will be at least 90 days away, but there is another version as said above that will be releasing which may or may not be out before then
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

Well I dount that there would be the 90 day exclusivity if tmobile was going to go and release a slightly different version. I assume that the AT&T exclusivity covers minor updates which rsult in a name change

XBGM3R no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDEFC

I unlocked the at&t Curve. Its great work, but tmobile browser, instant messging and personal email don't show on curve, even not working!. I resent the service books from tmobile.com, change PIN and IMEI, and have access to my email accounts. I also went to the host routing tables and registered. Still not resolve for 24 hours less. Unfortunately, I returned it to at&t store and got money back from at&t yesterday.

I can't live without:

1. Instant Messneger
    2. Internet Browser
    3. Email messages

thats why, I am back with my T-mobile 8700g, and waiting for something release the curve on t-mobile store soon..

I WANT MY CURVE NOW! LOL!

But I can wait till T-Mobile curve units hit on store or online in one to two months for real!

Waiting is worth it!
    Last edited by XBGM3R; 06-03-2007 at 11:59 AM.

mogrefy no está en línea Stack level 1

It is some people that are not getting the service books for the browser but others are. I have a t-zones link, their IM software, and all my email working fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast