Does anyone know where to find (or if they are even available) the TMO Zen ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cj5150 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    pm me

TMO Zen and Vodaphone Themes

Advertisement

Does anyone know where to find (or if they are even available) the TMO Zen and/or Vodaphone themes for the 8300 (as in, the .alx files)? I've been following the "how to unlock vendor themes" threads intently, but honestly this process scares the crap out of me

That, and I'm really only wanting those 2, as far as vendor themes go. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I've been a member of the Pinstack community for a couple months now... Pinstack RULES MY EARTH!!

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: TMO Zen and Vodaphone Themes

Quote Originally Posted by cj5150 View Post
    Does anyone know where to find (or if they are even available) the TMO Zen and/or Vodaphone themes for the 8300 (as in, the .alx files)? I've been following the "how to unlock vendor themes" threads intently, but honestly this process scares the crap out of me

That, and I'm really only wanting those 2, as far as vendor themes go. Any help would be appreciated.
    It really isn't too frightening.

You just need to add your VendorID to the 2 themes that you want in the Blackberry.alx file and remove the vendor.xml file
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~In the blackberry.alx file opened on notepad search for vendoe under edit options of notepad. Just keep pressing find next under edit and look above each find of vendor until you see Vodafone file set and the T-mo file set that has the zen theme. After that you just save the file as an alx. Don't worry, its not that hard.

PIN/ID
    pm me

Yep - that was easy! I modified the os as described, reinstalled, and wa - la... BRICK!

I turned it back on after reboot, and it gave me the only option of "no themes." Since my os has been modified, I wiped my handset and re-installed my 3rd party apps. Now my handset won't see my service provider, since the vendor code was erased.

No service books. No themes. No nothing, for the most part. I can't even make a call or send a text, because I can't get the radio to turn back on.

Yep. Good times.

thewildside no está en línea Stack level 2

Hey where can i find the vodaphone theme for blacberry
    all help given is free, and as is. I'd hate for someone to try and sue me for a mobile bill
    Help Me grow my website by spreading the word!
    http://gadgetworld4u.com

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by cj5150 View Post
    Yep - that was easy! I modified the os as described, reinstalled, and wa - la... BRICK!

I turned it back on after reboot, and it gave me the only option of "no themes." Since my os has been modified, I wiped my handset and re-installed my 3rd party apps. Now my handset won't see my service provider, since the vendor code was erased.

No service books. No themes. No nothing, for the most part. I can't even make a call or send a text, because I can't get the radio to turn back on.

Yep. Good times.
    Well do you need a hand? It pretty easy to get up and running again.

PIN/ID
    pm me

Hey Reddogg, thanks for offering - I appreciate it! After a few hours last night, and looking thru the Pinstack forums, I figured out how to un-install the current os, and re-load a clean version. Then I did a restore, and it looks like I'm back. I figured out what I did wrong, and still have the modified vendor os for unlocked themes, but I think I'm going to hold on that for a bit.

PIN/ID
    pm me

Figured out what I did wrong. Swore even though I figured it out and got my phone back, I wouldn't update with a modified os. I can't help myself, so I mod'd the os and updated anyway. Some of these locked vendor themes are schweeet!! And you guys are correct... once you figure it out, it (unlocking the vendor themes) really isn't that bad...

thewildside no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Can someone tell me where can I get the vodaphone theme

jomaco no está en línea Stack level 2

follow the unlocking guide

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by thewildside View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Can someone tell me where can I get the vodaphone theme
    Try Here, Straight line instructions to activate Vendor Themes (Except 8130).

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles