So I got a new Curve and my wife got a Pearl...both from Tmobile USA. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

watoosi no está en línea Stack level 1

TMO OS differences 8320 vs. 8120

Advertisement

So I got a new Curve and my wife got a Pearl...both from Tmobile USA. Was wondering if anyone can give an explanation of why the Pearl's OS and applications are different than mine on the Curve. Is the "new" unofficial OS supposed to make these the same?

And why can she use voice commands for Goggle Maps and I can't? Is the curve THAT different?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Well stock the curve runs 4.2 and the 8120 pearl runs 4.3. There are a few differences between the two devices. And in regards to the google maps its a new feature only available on the pearls. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

watoosi no está en línea Stack level 1

is there a 4.3 for tmo for curve that won't screw up uma?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    Well stock the curve runs 4.2 and the 8120 pearl runs 4.3. There are a few differences between the two devices. And in regards to the google maps its a new feature only available on the pearls. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    what is the problem that you're experiencing with UMA? UMA on 4.2 runs flawlessly as for the UMA on 4.5 it's hit or miss and has some issues sometimes...there is no 4.3 for a T-Mo curve only 4.2 and 4.5...you can use any carrier's OS that's a GSM carrier but unless you use a certified T-Mo release you're not guaranteed to get full functionality from your device and you can void warranty as well...hope this helps