my mom is wanting to het the curve so she can have the hotspot at ... BlackBerry Curve forum

layedaway no está en línea Stack level 2

tmo curve for hah

Advertisement

my mom is wanting to het the curve so she can have the hotspot at home and get rid of the house phone, without using her regular minutes. the problem is that tmobile only roams up here and dont get much service. we have att and they have great coverage. will tmo roam off att and how much is their roaming if there is any. thanks in advance

SLVR6 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    G PONG!

Re: tmo curve for hah

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    May run into an issue that she is always roaming when not using wifi. Though, yes, it should roam to att if there are no t-mobile towers.

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

Hey well it should roam on ATT and it should be free. There is somewhere in the user agreement that if you exceed too many minutes while roaming they can drop you from their services.

The only way to really know if it will roam is getting someone who has tmobile to check it out for you. Or you can call Tmobile and ask them if in that area they have roaming agreements with ATT!!!

Hope this helps!

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

I have never seen or heard of roaming limits with T-MO. All of the reps tell me there is unlimited roaming (now AT$T, Verizon, and Sprint allhave this in their agreements, and I knwo this first hand as I have had all of these in the past). In fact, I live in a state where there is no T-Mo at all and they signed me up for service without a question. I roam 100% of the time (sometimes on AT$T and sometimes on Suncom, soon to be T-Mo), and love the H@H.

Blakefreak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242A9091

I remember reading a FCC requirement that all like signaled providers must allow roaming on their networks.
    Actually on T-Mobile's coverage map it will tell you if your area is covered or if it is a designated roaming area.

I beleive that requirement is only for 911 emergency calls, and not for regular chatting away. Also the provider has the rights to terminate your service if you break the agreements of their contracts, which some have a clause that you are not allowed to roam more than a certain percentage of your used minutes per month.

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

You would prolly get better info in the T-Mobile

Why do you say that?? Is not the experience of T-Mo users good enough. I only know of one T-Mo rep that posts there that would have any better info than is posted here already,and he posts in this forum as well. The OP wanted to know about the Curve with H@H. I think this is the perfect spot for good feedback. Maybe I am wrong??

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

That's just my opinion. I'm just saying that the t-mobile section would probably have more knowlodge for what he was asking, like roaming charges and hotspot info. I was just trying to help him out, not correct him.

well im going downstate next week, that is where the nearest tmobile store is. i have no service up there with tmo but the hotspot at home would be soo cool for my mom so im going to ask and see what they say.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

I would not recommend replacing your home line with tmo's uma. The service can be iffy and has gone done for long periods in the past. If you're mom is looking to transition, there are better options out there for internet based phone.

Ju1c3 no está en línea Stack level 2

i agree, uma is still too buggy to be reliable. it will need some more time to where they get all the kinks worked out of it.
    INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE

ive read all kinds of complaints and im second guessing it. if tmo was reliable then i would consider but im going to hold off i think.