Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question? How is the speaker on the curve?? I have the pearl and I had ... BlackBerry Curve forum

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

TMO BB Curve

Advertisement

Question? How is the speaker on the curve?? I have the pearl and I had to drill holes in the cover above the speaker so I could hear when the bb rings even when set to loud and I am in another part of the house!! I was thinking of upgrading....but I was wondering about the pros and cons! Thanks
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: TMO BB Curve

IMO, the speaker is alot clearer and louder. no drill needed :

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ill 2nd that.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

3rd to that, put away the driller because it is not needed.

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

It's louder, yes, but still muffled. Not so badly but bad enough, in my opinion. Just like the Pearl I had, there's a HUGE difference in sound quality with the battery cover off.

I personally plan on getting a Seidio betery cover for my Curve with the speaker vent so the audio is clearer.

Oh, the speaker is VERY loud with the audio boost on. So loud that it would actually be a huge disturbance in even a loud environment, even with the stock battery cover blocking the speaker.

Volume is excellent, but the audio is still a bit muffled.

PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Thanks!! I needed that info....the next question did anyone have a hard time with transfering their apps/game over to the curve??? I hate that I wish there was an easier way instead of contacting the developers to get new reg codes! Any suggestions??
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Don't forget about the option to buy seidio battery cover replacement door. Even if it's still too quiet for you, there's still no need for a drill

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

Quote Originally Posted by sgtdisturbed47 View Post
    It's louder, yes, but still muffled. Not so badly but bad enough, in my opinion. Just like the Pearl I had, there's a HUGE difference in sound quality with the battery cover off.

I personally plan on getting a Seidio betery cover for my Curve with the speaker vent so the audio is clearer.

Oh, the speaker is VERY loud with the audio boost on. So loud that it would actually be a huge disturbance in even a loud environment, even with the stock battery cover blocking the speaker.

Volume is excellent, but the audio is still a bit muffled.
    i couldnt disagree more with this post. if the person on the other end isnt clear, then the speaker wont do much to correct that, but with a clearly spoken person, there is almost no distortion of their voice, speaker cover or not. i use my 8320 primarily in speaker phone mode and its a real joy, because it sounds better than the headphones that came with it, the speaker intended for handset use, and my motorola h500. no doubt that the seidio cover would let more sound through (volume issue), but, IMO, it doesnt improve the clarity one bit to have the speaker uncovered.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

my 8300 AND 8310 OUT OF THE BOX would blow AWAY the oem pearl ... no mods

now...i have recently purchased the seidio battery cover and BAM -- even louder with the speaker cover opening in fact, i had to change all my profiles from loud to quiet on the curve, vs the pearl

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Same here as with what cherri said, curve is louder than my old pearl, seidio cover makes it even louder!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Caspan View Post
    Serious I have both of them sitting here both sounds the same. Humm I believe you with your results just weird that I hear no difference.
    you say they SOUND the same, but in the original post she was wanting to know if it was louder...which it is. you could of meant it like that and i just misunderstood. i apoligize if so

NYNWYR no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    i couldnt disagree more with this post. if the person on the other end isnt clear, then the speaker wont do much to correct that, but with a clearly spoken person, there is almost no distortion of their voice, speaker cover or not. i use my 8320 primarily in speaker phone mode and its a real joy, because it sounds better than the headphones that came with it, the speaker intended for handset use, and my motorola h500. no doubt that the seidio cover would let more sound through (volume issue), but, IMO, it doesnt improve the clarity one bit to have the speaker uncovered.
    ding ding we have a winner THERE IS NO DIFFERERENCE at all in the covers I sell both.

PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Where can I find the seidio cover (withthe readymade holes)for the curve?
    Maya Angelou

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

markmercado no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24267CF8

go with it, loud speaker, qwerty is better, and bigger screen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast