I know the 8320 has no gps but can blackberry maps use triangulation instead to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

TMO 8320 Ruby.

Advertisement

I know the 8320 has no gps but can blackberry maps use triangulation instead to find your location on maps? Is it possible without a puck?

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Google maps does this, but not BB maps from what I know of.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

And if you dont have google maps and want to get it, go to this link on your bb browser

http://google.com/gmm

Once you download that, open it up and it has a feature called "My Location" that triangulates to where you are using cell towers. Sometimes is really accurate, sometimes its not. But it works great for getting a rough idea of where you are!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    what about directions? Can google maps work for directions?

Quote Originally Posted by pinpoint View Post
    what about directions? Can google maps work for directions?
    Yep sure can!!! I use it way more than I use BB maps.

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    Google map is one of the bast and its always update the that I like is when you search address as long as you have street name you good to go you don't have to have zip and exact city ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~