Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

anyone else not able to connect to hotspot@home? i get full wifi but nothing that ... BlackBerry Curve forum

duce95 no está en línea Stack level 1

Tmo 8320 Hotspot@home Issues?

Advertisement

anyone else not able to connect to hotspot@home?
    i get full wifi but nothing that confirms im on hotspot at home.

anyone else having issues?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Tmo 8320 Hotspot@home Issues?

Its actually an issue with the irve that's still being worked out. Its not an issue with the device its an issue with the service it does it sporadically.(sp?) the device will always try to connect to wifi for days and for h@h. But there are times were it won't connect to h@h. Right now just turn the wifi off and turn it back on. That should do the truck for now. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dochobbs no está en línea Stack level 1

it took a bit for my to provision correctly. I suspect because we all got them ahead of schedule.

theuberprof no está en línea Stack level 1

I posted this on another thread. It may help you, too:

If you do a full restore from a previous device (Pearl for me), it will remove the option to set a connection preference. It might be a Service Book entry that is transfered from the old device, but I'm not sure.

The solution is to Wipe Handheld in General Security Options. Then perform an advanced restore using Desktop Manager. Restore only data-- Contacts, messages, URLs, call logs, etc. Leave out service books, options, etc.

By the way, the Automatic option you mention is for selecting between various GSM networks, not between Wi-Fi and GSM/EDGE. You want it to be on Automatic and Wi-Fi Preferred.

The option you need--the one you don't see--is restored only through the process outlined above.

Let me know if you have any questions.

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Yea just load the important stuff. Stay away from the service selection file though.
    BB8900 is mine!

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by theuberprof
    I posted this on another thread. It may help you, too:

If you do a full restore from a previous device (Pearl for me), it will remove the option to set a connection preference. It might be a Service Book entry that is transfered from the old device, but I'm not sure.

The solution is to Wipe Handheld in General Security Options. Then perform an advanced restore using Desktop Manager. Restore only data-- Contacts, messages, URLs, call logs, etc. Leave out service books, options, etc.

By the way, the Automatic option you mention is for selecting between various GSM networks, not between Wi-Fi and GSM/EDGE. You want it to be on Automatic and Wi-Fi Preferred.

The option you need--the one you don't see--is restored only through the process outlined above.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    It's absolutely a service book issue. I had mine working pretty well last night and then I connected to my Wintendo machine to sync it with LookOut and then .. *boom* everything went weird. I couldn't figure it out so the last thing I did was send myself the service books. Now that everything is kosher again I'm going to wipe out all my backups on the Wintendo machine and start from scratch with the 8320.

I wish I'd have this info last night .. would have saved me two hours of being pissed off. ;D
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

vjt852 no está en línea Stack level 1

Yes, I just spent at least an hour an a half on the phone with tech support. I can connect to the Wifi but not the UMA. They had me reset my phone, disable the wifi, enable it again. I did get the UMA signal for about a minute and then it went back to EDGE. The guy recommended I take it to Starbucks and see if it works there so I',m going to try that tom. and of that doesn't work, take it back to the store and get a new one. He said alot of these Curves are buggy but some work just fine.

vw1pntatet no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2420a639

wipe worked for me.

mdwaite no está en línea Stack level 2

I had wierd UMA issues and decided to reregister "Wi-Fi [60]" on the Host Routing Table under Advanced Options. After that, everything's fine (at least for now), including going back to UMA (Caps) Vs. ums (lower case). It may resolve some of these other issues as well.
    "Would you say I have a
    plethora of Blackberrys?"

hwnstyle21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31C83C17

Two days ago I was doing fine with wifi and UMA then yesterday all I could get was uma. Now today I'm trying to connect but all I get is Wifi/EDGE. I can't seem to connect to UMA. I'm located in So. Cal. and I read they were updating the systems here. Hopefully all the quirks get worked out by later today.
    BB 8330 w/ SERO Voice Only, BIS, N/W @7pm, Pick3, Unl Text via Credits: $30 +$5 (Unl Incoming) + $7 (TEP)
    Pin: 31C83C17

coasterjob no está en línea Stack level 1

I have looked around a little, no a lot, search in forums and the manual...but can someone explain the difference between uma and UMA? lowercaps vs Caps on the display? Is it a signal level thing?

paulnp no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'm still having issues here in SoCal as well.

hwnstyle21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31C83C17

Quote Originally Posted by coasterjob
    I have looked around a little, no a lot, search in forums and the manual...but can someone explain the difference between uma and UMA? lowercaps vs Caps on the display? Is it a signal level thing?
    Here you go... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._want_uma.html
    BB 8330 w/ SERO Voice Only, BIS, N/W @7pm, Pick3, Unl Text via Credits: $30 +$5 (Unl Incoming) + $7 (TEP)
    Pin: 31C83C17

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

i am on suddenlink communications in rural west virginia on a belkin router... and it works great!! :-) sorry to those who cant make it work :-/

franchise101 no está en línea Stack level 2

i read on crackberry.com that its a know issue in california and it will be fixed oct 22nd which sux

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast