I have it set to update to network time, but every morning when it turns ... BlackBerry Curve forum

shabadoo25 no está en línea Stack level 1

Time Not Updating on Curve?

Advertisement

I have it set to update to network time, but every morning when it turns on, it's an hour behind real time.

Do I need the DST patch?

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: Time Not Updating on Curve?

The Curve OS should already have it built in... try a battery pull and wait at least 30 seconds before putting it back in...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Make sure you're set to the correct time zone and have the automatic DST set. You might also try having your BB update with BlackBerry instead of the network.

How do I set the automatic DST?

I tried the 30 second wait reboot. So far so good. We'll see tomorrow morning.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well, I don't see that option now. I could have sworn it was under date/time. Maybe that was the Pearl.

jekko1 no está en línea Stack level 3

I have had the same problem I traveled from the East Coast to the west coast and has the blackberry set to network time thinking that would automatically updated the time when i turned back on my phone but nothing happened the time was still on east coast time 3 hours back.

Does the Curve have something to automatically update the time?

pilotgeg no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~keep in mind that the Curve updates your time when you sync it with your computer. If your computer time is off, so will your phones time. My time kept being off too and I finally figured out why.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jekko1
    I have had the same problem I traveled from the East Coast to the west coast and has the blackberry set to network time thinking that would automatically updated the time when i turned back on my phone but nothing happened the time was still on east coast time 3 hours back.

Does the Curve have something to automatically update the time?
    I had the same problem recently on vacation. I think it needs the battery pull reset. I did it yesterday and my time was right when it came on this morning.

jekko1 no está en línea Stack level 3

That is annoying every time you change time zones and get off the plane you have to take out the battery and let the phone reset. I dont normally sync my lackberry with my computer ever. I just get the emails as they come in....still trying to figure out how to get it to sync up with entourage and folders on their and not mess up my groupwise enterprise account.

thats another topic i am still trying to figure out this time zone automatic updated. My old 8700 used to have that option the curve doesnt seem to