I am having a problem with my BB. I have an 8300 on the att ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dmurphy68 no está en línea Stack level 1

three blinks then two?

Advertisement

I am having a problem with my BB. I have an 8300 on the att network. Have had the phone for about 6 or 7 months(this is my replacement phone) I went to make a call earlier and had the hourglass of death showing... I waited and it did nothing but sit their and spin. I pulled the battery and waited a few and replaced it. It came on booted up and got to the Att screen and rebooted. So i did a batt pull again and then i got 3 blinks from my indicator light and the two, this just kept repeating. I am lost at this point. Called att and they are sending me a new refurb phone. My question is what does the 3 blinks then 2 blinks mean?

thanks
    dmurphy68

btw i am lost with out my bb

knight2472000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    must be corrupted

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    It's more of a pain to get a refurb, you know you can just wipe it and then reload the OS and then restore all your info, if you ever made a backup.

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b
    Yeah, its here on the board, I dont remember how specifically to do it, but I've done it.

If I remember correctly, you have to connect the blackberry to your computer while the dm is running without the battery in the phone.

I guess the desktop manager will recognize it and give you the option of just wiping the device and reprogramming it.

kasl33 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboticGolem View Post
    Yeah, its here on the board, I dont remember how specifically to do it, but I've done it.

If I remember correctly, you have to connect the blackberry to your computer while the dm is running without the battery in the phone.

I guess the desktop manager will recognize it and give you the option of just wiping the device and reprogramming it.
    All you need to do to reload the phone software is download the software to your computer and run it as if it was a Windows program. After running and installing the downloaded file, go to c: program files, common files, research in motion, app loader, and delete the vendor file located all the way at the bottom. Plug in your phone to pc and open bb desktop manager. It will do the rest. Takes around an hour.