Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know quite a few of us are on day 3 w/ our Curve's. What ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Thoughts on the keyboard?

Advertisement

I know quite a few of us are on day 3 w/ our Curve's. What are your thoughts on the keyboard? It's my favorite to date. Big improvement over the 8700 series for sure. I'd put it over the 8800 as well. I like how the keys are more raised than on the 8800. I'm still getting used to the slightly revised layout. One thing I've noticed is if you want to put the number lock or caps lock on it seems to be a little quicker/easier than previous models. What do you guys think?
    PIN - 24053627

sugarbutt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

Re: Thoughts on the keyboard?

I completely agree!!! I love it because it is finally small enough that I can hold it in either hand and type one handed if I need to. With the 8700 I couldn't reach all the way across the keyboard with my thumb. I played with a friends 8800 and the keys were to close together for my nails. The curve's keyboard rocks!!

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~have been playing with my curve this morning, after delivery at 9am. It is at present back in box, the keyboard IS a massive improvement on the very average 88 but is no match for the 87 if you don't have skeleton fingers, I can type quite accurately but far more so on the 87. I'm not sure if all the great sex the 83 offers can substitute the keyboard. I wrote a review of the 83 after playing with it in store, and I know its new kit but today I daren't put it in my back pocket or with keys in hip pocket.

I think my 87 love affair continues!!!!

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

~via BB Curve(wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well as you can tell I am typing this from my new curve and I love it.I have used quite a bit but nevr owned an 8700c,and this keyboard to me is just as good which from what I heard was the best BB keyboard to date.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Simply love it.... can't say enough how much SureType just wasn't my thing - just what I was waiting for...

exilio no está en línea Stack level 2

Oddly enough, it has been a bit of an adjustment from my Pearl. Which was an adjustment from my Treo.

That being said, I am already getting used to QWERTY again and loving it. My ONLY gripe thus far is that the buttons are a bit smooth/slick. I would like to have some buttons that are a bit more textured or rubbery.

jsternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DFE188

I have yet to see or play with a blackberry curve, so I have a question about the buttons. Are the buttons on the Curve made out of plastidc, like the 8700 or of the pearl, rubberized?
    Last edited by jsternbach; 06-04-2007 at 12:21 AM.

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

buttons are the good 'ol plastic so they have a nice responsive feel unlike the pearl, which with the soft rubber buttons never felt good to me.

exilio no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Karpfish24
    buttons are the good 'ol plastic so they have a nice responsive feel unlike the pearl, which with the soft rubber buttons never felt good to me.
    I can agree with this for sure. The buttons have a far more satisfying tactile response than the pearl -- and are less smooth.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

The keyboard has a great layout and feel to it. I just jumped from a Pearl,
    but didn't have it too long so wasn't too used to the sure type thing.

The qwerty is great!

I'm loving it!
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 06-04-2007 at 06:33 AM.

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

I must say its the best from BlackBerry for me right now, it just feels so sweet in my hands.

dnbk2121 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    AsK Me

the keyboard is cool i started using it just like i had it for years I LIKE

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

I tested a Curve out at the AT&T store yesterday. I did not like the keyboard. Keys felt very cramped. I had an 8700 last year and thought the keyboard layout and feel was better, although the 8700 is a brick. I am in love with the SureType keyboard of the Pearl.

billytickets no está en línea Stack level 2

the suretype of the 7130 still number #1 to me .. i just need a fewmore days of the tight keyboard to get the feel

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

I'm Level 1 HATER of SureType... - so, I'm so in love with this thing... (well, you know what I mean) - Loved the feature set and sexy nature of the Pearl... RIM really took the "next" step with that device in being relevant outside of the corporate market -

The Curve really is 2 or more steps in the same (appropriate) direction after that... Having a cool device - AND a functional one is all anybody wants... Geek or not.

The keyboard is Aces in my book -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast