Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

With my usage, my battery usually showes anywhere between 20-45% at the end of the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

hchai no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Thoughts about Seidio extended battery

Advertisement

With my usage, my battery usually showes anywhere between 20-45% at the end of the day. That means I have to charge it every night, knowing that it will not safely last another day.

I know Seidio makes great products (used on my treo and 8700g before). However, with its current price scheme for the extended batteries, I have been holding my purchase for quite a while. You see, the 2600 mAh is great, however I really love the slimness of my 8320. And the 1500 mAh doesn't need a new cover, but without a whole lot of reviews yet. The main problem is the 1500 one costs $45 and the 2600 one costs $50 (with a new door, which makes two BATTERIES basically the same price). I am not expecting the smaller one to be $25 or $30. However, I might already bought it if the price is $35 or so.

I know $10 or $15 makes no real financial difference to the most of the consumers. However, it's more of a psychological thing. Remember the old sales story? A store has three toolsets, one basic, one middle and one high-end. They initially priced at $70, $100 and $110 and found no one was buying the middle one. Later they changed the middle one to $90 and now consumers see a reason to get that one

Just some thoughts

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Thoughts about Seidio extended battery

If you want your device to go the longest with out recharging get the 2600. The other ones only give you about 30% more power and I doubt you will see a difference.

Is there a reason you just don't like charging your device every night? I really don't mind it. It has just become habit. Ever since people want their devices super thin we have to give up something and that is the battery size.

Good luck.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    If you want your device to go the longest with out recharging get the 2600. The other ones only give you about 30% more power and I doubt you will see a difference.

totally agree. i dont see a significant difference in performance. not worth the money unless you go with the 2600.

PIN/ID

Hi Red. I actually just got another charger to put in the office and I don't really mind charge my phone every night. It's just that I am the kind of the person that always want to see my battery to be over 75%

The main reason I haven't bought the 1500 mAh one is exactly like what you said. Personally I can't justify of paying $45 for additional 30% while I can get 100% more with almost same amount of money. $30, sure, $35 maybe, $45, well...
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by glehman85 View Post
    totally agree. i dont see a significant difference in performance. not worth the money unless you go with the 2600.
    Thanks man, good to know! Now the 2600 one seems even nicer lol
    Last edited by hchai; 01-07-2008 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Automerged.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yeah I understand...I freak out when I have like three bars. I always think I'm going to run out of juice. It's funny though I could probably go 2 days with it but just for my own security I always charge it. I finally got the Boxwave Versacharger to keep in my car just incase I'm in a pinch somewhere.

I like my device thin so I could never justify the extra bulk and weight...that's just me though

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

lol i bought a charger at speedway gas station for $5. im not going to use it unless i NEED to.

what can i say...i dont trust my blackberry with just anything

PIN/ID

same here. I got to realize that OEM accs are expensive for a reason

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

I bought the 1500mAh battery and.....well I cant say I notice much of a difference...yet. I hear they have to be charged a few times to start getting their optimum performance. I dont know how it hapened but I received a second battery in the mail about 1.5 weeks after I got my first one. Think because it was an exchange with another item and several reps were helping me....I think they just goofed and sent me the 2nd one in error. I checked and my card wasnt charged either. Guess I'll send it back or just enjoy having three batteries
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59

The 1500mah is deffinatly NOT worth the 45. I bought mine right before x-mas and I have religiously let it die completely before re-charging about 7 times and this week I've finally been able to ananlyze its performance.

With the OEM battery I would charge my phone overnight and by 10-11 at night it would be down to 15 percent. With the new battery its at 25 percent by the same time. In my eyes a 10 percent increase isn't worth $45... Call me crazy.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID

Thanks guys! Always good to hear from the first hand users!

Guess RIM did a wonderful job in the design dept. that left no room for a more powerful battery lol

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB

I agree with everyone. Not worth the money. Maybe $25?

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Doesn't the use of of an aftermarket battery reduce the accuracy of the phones battery meter? My 8700 with the Siedio extended battery will sit at 85% for 2 days.
    Andy

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3

I purchased the 1500 as I was in need of a spare battery (guess I have OCD like everyone else who has posted above) and see no significant difference... I justified it as being about $10 more than the standard OEM battery and the 30% more power is greater than the 15-20% price premium they charge over the standard OEM battery...

Guess its all how much you are effected by your OCD!!

PIN/ID

The problem is in most places, an OEM CS-2 costs $20

krees23 no está en línea Stack level 2

I got the 2600 battery for my Curve. I like it and it really doesn't make much of a difference to me on the size differences. The only downside for me is the cases I already have don't fit. Of course, I knew that would be the case when I got the battery. I would say it increases battery life by at least 2 to 3 times.

So now I'm researching cases that will fit...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast