my gf's 8310 was stolen yesterday. we're trying to locate it but she called it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C

those in the know...question for ya?

Advertisement

my gf's 8310 was stolen yesterday. we're trying to locate it but she called it as soon as she realized she lost it and it went straight to voicemail. as soon as she told me she lost it i checked her bbm status and it had her as unreachable so im guessing whoever stole it popped the sim out right away and has no intention of returning it.

so anyways. she has an upgrade available. doesnt quite want the bold, kinda wants another curve. i want to get her an unlocked 8900 from tmobile but i kinda wanna wait and see if at&t gets it.

anyone know for sure wether at&t will be getting the 8900 (or a variant) soon? her birthday is may 8th. id like to get it by then. also, shes reverted to her trusty 8800 until she gets whichever replacement she may get.

i definitely want to get her something by may 8th but i also want to act fast so she doesnt get herself something. if at&t has something coming out by may 8th i can try to stall her.

any info would be appreciated

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    From what I've heard at&t won't get any sooner than juneish. Don't know how reliable that is, but would think we would be hearing something soon. Got mine from tmo, unlocked and works great.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0
    From engadgetmobile.com

"We've had sightings of BlackBerry's Curve 8900 running on AT&T before, and now comes word from a Boy Genius Report tipster that the pairing will be made official this month and the handset's SKU is already popping up in the carrier's systems. Additionally, the Pearl Flip 8210 is rumored to be making its debut on the network sometime in March. BGR expects the prices to be somewhere around $200 and $100, respectively. We can't say we'll be surprised if the Curve finds its way to AT&T, but we're excited at the thought of finally having a carrier-independent matchup between it and the Bold."

As above, the 8210 hasn't been announced yet, mid month. BGR speculated 8900 last month

Edit: thread about same, where I got june from.
    http://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=104029
    Last edited by jfcooley; 03-11-2009 at 03:10 PM.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    So the 8900 will be available from att this month? ? ? that would be awesome news...

Sorry to hear about your loss
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Doubtful. As I said, its mid month. I'm betting something would have been leaked (date) or advertising would have been seen. Tmo has done well with the 8900, something that I'm sure hasn't escaped at&t attention. I'd look for an announcement or leaks on the tech blogs about 2 weeks out. May have hope for April, dunno. I couldn't wait.

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    if it was anytime soon (this month/next month) would our principal agent or his ordering guy know anything about it by now?

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    thanks for the info btw guys

BkLady388 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I don't know about your question... but I just LOVE the lengths you are going through for her and her BB. Keep up the good work! :-)

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I'm sorry you are going through this hassle at all because of someone's sticky fingers, but it looks as though you will be able to take care of the task of replacing it with what you want for her birthday. Good luck

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Thanks. I try.

Being an addict myself I decided to try to get her addicted. I gave her an 8800, then the curve, then after much objection by her, added the data plan and paid a year on it. Unfortunately the phone got stolen so I wanna continue her addiction with the 8900.

She's my gf, she definitely deserves it.

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    So, anyone else with anymore info?