Hey guys (and gals). I'm new to BB so please excuse the ignorance. Heres what ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Tom Castle no está en línea Stack level 1

This is irritating (Messaging Content)

Advertisement

Hey guys (and gals). I'm new to BB so please excuse the ignorance. Heres what is happening...
    1. I'm carrying my 8310 in a holster on my belt. (The keypad has been locked)
    2. I'm alerted that I have a message (email or SMS)
    3. I take the BB out of the holster and hit the key sequence to unlock the keypad.
    4. It opens the last message received automatically.

I would like to make it NOT do that. Is that possible? I would like for it to just show me my 'desktop' or whatever its called or at worst, the message list. I don't want it to automatically open ANY messages.

Thanks in advance,
    Tom

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: This is irritating (Messaging Content)

There is no option for this. The only way I know if is to just wait a little while and then unholster your BB.

Tom Castle no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks, reddog. How irritating

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea, I understand...half the time it happens to me too.

Maybe put a thread up in the Suggestions for RIM forum. There really should be an option for this.

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200

Wow really? I think that the auto open is the coolest feature of the blackberry. Why would you not want your message to open? Do you get messages you do not want to read?

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Reddog is correct just wait like 60 seconds before removing from your holster and it won't auto open. This is just one of the many designs of the BB as that is what they designed it primarily for... an email machine (then later models got the phone function added). It is an email machine first.

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

I agree with hulk there! I love that feature!!! Isn't the main point of getting a message and looking at your phone, to read said message? Thats what I usually do so I really dig having it open for me!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

shakuyi no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2425A121

ok so let me understand this correctly. your phone notifies you of a message while it is holstered and you pull out your phone after being notified and you get irritated by how it opens it automatically? isnt that the point? well i guess i should be used to it, as i work in a cell phone store, everyone is different but then again y unholster your phone immediately after receiving a message if you dont intend on reading it just gets rid of a couple steps and btw your keys are automatically locked while it is holstered

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Also if that happens and you see it is a message you want to read later because of length or content you can always mark it as unread before you close it