Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, I have set up 4 folders labeled email, applications, messenger, and games. This morning ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

this is getting wierd

Advertisement

Ok, I have set up 4 folders labeled email, applications, messenger, and games. This morning I grabbed my curve and realized that the email folder was gone and everything in it. I have no links to any of my added accounts, but I still have use of the accounts via the universal mail icon. About an hour ago I lost my game icon with the brickbreaker link. Additional I am having programs freeze. Opera is the biggest issue but I just had to reset my phone because I received a call and the accept or decline screen froze. Time to reinstall os (this sucks)Anyone else having issues?

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: this is getting wierd

Fortunately not... sorry to hear of your issues -

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

What the hell is wrong with this Curve?? I never seen so many random problems with a release of a phone... The last time was with the Tmo Pearl release.... I hope they are corrected by the time Tmo get their release.

thecarnivale no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F811A7

Here is a couple of useful tips

1. Check the OS verision against the latest release for the curve(I'm sure it is current but it helps to be thorough.
    2. If it is the latest version back everything up and reinstall the OS anywaya. On the pearl this has corrected issues.
    3. As always some patience is going to be paramount due to the fact it is brand new. If it is under 30 days and you haven't put a scratch on it return it fo the place you bought it and start over. If you do this use the desktop software and option "CHANGE DEVICE" first before going to the store to get the replacement.

Just reply in thread and let me know if this helped...

Cheers,

Chris
    mywirelessrep@mycingular.blackberry.net

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    What the hell is wrong with this Curve?? I never seen so many random problems with a release of a phone...
    Are you speaking of your Curve, or what you've read of others issues?

I have two 8300 Curve models, and both are operating perfectly.

I've had my unlocked O2 Curve for a month now and it's stellar.

I've been using it as my work & personal BB everyday. I process between 20 - 40 emails per day, I've used it for internet based communications, as well as having it setup for my 6 different email accounts and could not be happier. In fact that's why I bought a second one when AT&T began selling them. Now I have one to experiment with 3rd party apps and other sorts of fun things. My O2 & AT&T both sync perfectly with Outlook 2003, where I store 3,500 contacts, my calendar, tasks, and notes. I use every feature included on the 8300 and the performance is fast, secure and reliable.

While my AT&T Curve is newer, nonetheless after purchasing it on the very day they were released, I have used it alternately along with the other and can say that I've purposely put as much time on it a fast as I can to insure that it too is operating properly and reliably. When I put them side by side they both have great build quality, no creaking or looseness, and no faults whatsoever.

So I think the key to remember is if you are seeing complaints from others, in some cases I'm sure they are valid. This is, after all a mass produced product and they cannot all be perfect. In addition not everyone has read the material, learned how to operate the device properly and thus user error may be an issue in some cases.

Cheers....

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

the only issue i seem to STILL be having is my call logs and sms/mms logs clearing...which, i guess i can live with for now

oh...and the stupid LED blinking red, with heavy bbm use...and not clearing until i can get another bbm message.

unfort, i had some of the same issues with the pearl. did rim release too soon, maybe...but idc, i have pinstack to help me with ANY issues that may come up

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Cherri, have you deleted the extra languages?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    ATA

i did run the setup wizard when you told me to...should i run it again since updating the OS? do you think it added them back?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Check in the Applications List. When you updated the OS, did you look to see if they were checked? I think I had to uncheck mine again.

Richard
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    ATA

ok ^^ re-ran the setup wizard and yes, the languages snuck back on deleting and rebooting now

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

ok im updating my device with the current os through cingular. I noticed that the folder issue was with one theme and the more i switch between themes the more i loose in the one. I did down grade the os to resolve the issue with no bb browser on tmobiles network. This is surely my fault in some way but Im looking at other posts from the issue stand point and it looks like I am not the only one having "strange happenens"

despite the drama here and there i am still in love with my curve. I hear wedding bells::::sure hope my wife understands....that was a joke

social1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204E5722

I am missing my globes....... There gone and I did a back up from my pearl....

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

social1, are you talking about a Curve or a Pearl? have you resent your service books

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

jsternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DFE188

I was reading some where on this thread that there is some sort of a bug with the Curve. That, making a new folder with programs/belongings in them will dissapear when you change the theme, like it will set it specificaly for each theme that you set up. i am not sure if this is the case in your situation, but it is worth a try to see if you might have switched anything around or changed any phone theme. Hope this helps and good luck!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    What the hell is wrong with this Curve?? I never seen so many random problems with a release of a phone... The last time was with the Tmo Pearl release.... I hope they are corrected by the time Tmo get their release.
    I've had my Curve with NO issues other than the easily resolved calendar issue.
    On the other hand I got a Pearl and within a matter of days I had a blank screen, which
    nothing resolved, java wipe, OS reinstall, on the phone with Cingular tech support,
    and hours online with the most helpful gang here on Pinstack most of all...and none
    of it worked.

So that made my decision to take it back to Cingular/ATT and get the Curve.

Don't jump the gun on stating that the Curve has so many random problems when the Pearl
    had it's share as well. There are many satisfied and lucky Curve owners. I'm one of them.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast