Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let me start by saying i've been a bb user since 07.Got my 8900 in ... BlackBerry Curve forum

danny v no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AFF1C6

thinking of ditching bb?..read this.

Advertisement

Let me start by saying i've been a bb user since 07.Got my 8900 in march of 09 and upgraded from a 8100 pearl.i've loved everything about my 8900 since i've had it and have absolutley no complaints.am now running leaked os 5.0.0.411..and have no complaints about the leaked os either.Although i have no complaints about the experience with my bb,i have been paying close attention to the motorola droid lately.the specs from its screen,to its camera,to its multimedia capabilities,full web and other features have had me very interested and thinking of possibly switching over.i myself believe that rim is on top of the smartphone game with bb's.But this droid however had me thinking could this possibly be the best smartphone out to date?..Then i thought to myself a question like that can be answered with an opinion more than a fact.my 8900 is hands down the best smartphone in my opinion is the best smartphone for my needs.from the durability of the device itself..the physical keyboard and the sturdyness of the keyboard(doesn't feel cheap),the camera which is amazing for 3.2 mp,the mp3 player and speaker which sounds amazing.then from wifi(which is actually faster then 3G),to push email,how instant and easy cut copy and paste are,bbm,how user friendly the browser is..all these things make me realize how satisfied i am with my bb device and have no need to switch to anything else.the droid does seem like an elite device but until the day comes when i have a complaint about my bb,i won't be switching anytime soon.hope this makes others think about what they're really giving up when thinking of replacing their 8900 or any bb for that matter.lol.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Gotta go with what works for you, I agree, if you have no complaints, why switch. If it aint broke, why fix it right

I am a very happy DROID owner, it is not perfect, there are ways it beats BB and ways it falls short....but I was ready for a change and don't regret it! There is no such thing as the #1 best phone, it all comes down to what is best for each individual user.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

danny v no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AFF1C6
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Gotta go with what works for you, I agree, if you have no complaints, why switch. If it aint broke, why fix it right

I am a very happy DROID owner, it is not perfect, there are ways it beats BB and ways it falls short....but I was ready for a change and don't regret it! There is no such thing as the #1 best phone, it all comes down to what is best for each individual user.
    i totally agree!i'm sure i would love tons of things about the droid but yeah i'm just not dis-satisfied with my bb.glad the switch worked out for you

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    man, I was hoping this was a bash bb topic ,but its not (twist).I like what your sayin thou ,out side of apps and maybe browser I dont think you can beat a bb.
    " B safe "

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    BB owners múst be the most critical of all smartphone owners.
    The fact is we can be critical because we have the best. All other phones are measured and compared to a BB, and not the other way round !
    I've stated in this forum before that for me the BB is the smartphone that when " the going gets tough, the tough get going " ... When I travel, and I do it all the time, I can take other phones with me ( Apple, Symbian, WM) but if I don't pack my BB I feel lost and unsecure. That's how good the BB is for me ! I Never Have had a problem in the whole of Europe, something I can't say about the other phones I own !
    It's my Swiss Army Knife !

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Interesting... I thought it was a bash BB thread too
    Last edited by smooth10; 01-20-2010 at 08:22 AM.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I agree with you Danny_v, I just feel that BlackBerry is being left behind technology-wise. But it is a very secure device I must say so I understand why the basis of BlackBerry doesn't change. In the end, azstar is right, it depends on the end user. I just want to urge all BlackBerry users to not become narrow-minded about BlackBerry's and to try other devices. I know how easily a BlackBerry can become a CrackBerry and this may have you thinking it's the best without actually knowing it is the best

BBM is the only thing keeping me with BlackBerry.

Lastly, I want to point something out to everyone... I find many moderators for this site have either made the switch to another device (mainly Android or iPhone), or have both a BlackBerry and another device. And I've noticed how they favor the other device. This speaks volumes to me because they are the original CrackBerry addicts.

If they can go cold turkey, maybe I can as well

Cheers!
    Last edited by smooth10; 01-20-2010 at 08:26 AM.

Hired no está en línea Stack level 2
    I too feel the same about my bb. I got the 8900 the day it came out and haven't had any complaints. Now one year later I have been admiring everybodys new phones and all of the extra features they have...and now I am wanting more. I will be upgrading my 8900 to the HTC HD 2 once relased this spring.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    I was a BB abuser for over five years, had over 6 different modles and had no complaints, I loved it, I dreamed it, I built it. Then I just got so wraped up in it I wanted a change, so I tried the Iphone, was very nervous but did it anyway. well that was the best choice that I could have made, My BB was holding me back, so much more you can do with the iPhone. As for the Driod, I want that one too so I hope it works out for you, let us know.

Are their any other phones that you can get any app for free? I dont think so, but iPhone you can.

iLord is DEAD!

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    Definately agree with with pickingthe device that works best for you. I have had Windows mobile pocketPC's, the first 8100 pearl which got me into the blackberry world, many other blackberries and a few palm devices, went and tried an iPhone and loved it and now I'm on a Droid Eris. Everyphone has their pros and conns, but you have to have what your happy with.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; ADR6200 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    My .02-I was seriously considering getting a 3Gs before I got my new 9700. I sold the 9000 that I had about 8 days before my upgrade so I was "Berriless" for the first time in four years. Needless to say it was a LONG 8 days. I was really missing my Berry and it got me to thinking about all the things a BlackBerry does RIGHT, which is a lot. So, I opted for the 9700 and could not be more satisfied.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    My .02-I was seriously considering getting a 3Gs before I got my new 9700. I sold the 9000 that I had about 8 days before my upgrade so I was "Berriless" for the first time in four years. Needless to say it was a LONG 8 days. I was really missing my Berry and it got me to thinking about all the things a BlackBerry does RIGHT, which is a lot. So, I opted for the 9700 and could not be more satisfied.

That was just about what I went thryu when my 8120 dies and I went to an 8900. I will never look back-hands down the best BB, device, smartphone or anything I have ever owned!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    I actually think blind devotion to a platform can backfire (not that anyone here is necessarily doing that). I am wit Az on this: I will go with whatever platform fits my needs the best.

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d
    well i started out with the pearl then the curve then the bold 9000,,,,,had 17 bold 9000 warranty replacements,,,then ordered the new bold 9700,,,,,,,,,yukkks! so i had to call at&t warranty replacement again monday and they sent me a new/refurb htc pure,,,,,,,got it today vie fed/ex and took it straight to the at&t store! it was damaged during shipment! guess that say to me to not go with the htc!!!!!!

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db
    I have been using cell phones since the Motorola bag phone and the original (gray) Motorola flip phone. Have had just about every phone out since then. I got my first BB in early 07 (a white pearl 8100), leaving my Sidekick behind. I have had, to date, the 8100,8800,8120, and now an 8900. It does everything I need for both personal and business use, and then some. In fact, I find myself leaving my laptop at home on business trips because with DocsToGo and all the other stuff I have, I really don't need to take it with me. I have looked at all the rest, and touch screens just don't turn me on. I find them cumbersome and clunky because I have short stubby fingers, and I am un-comfortable using them. And I used to be a certified Apple bench tech back in the day, and after experiencing some of their proprietary stuff they used, swore I would never own an Apple product again....ever (yeah, I have a bad taste in my mouth). I mean...a soldered in battery....puuhleeeze! I know a lot of you have a BB because they are great phones but to a business person, the BB is IT for a reason, and that's why RIM has the biggest chunk of the market.

And now I am lusting for a 9700 (damn you Glen....and your testimonials ) because of my stubby fingers.

My 2 cents... your mileage may vary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast