Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

wow...so I just realized that there is another page. Are you guys seriously arguing over ... BlackBerry Curve forum

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

Re: Thinking about trading in Curve of 8525

Advertisement

wow...so I just realized that there is another page. Are you guys seriously arguing over this?? The difference between the Treo 650 and the 750 are minimal. If you go to "Programs" on the 750 which is WM based, the screen is just the same as the 650. All the 750 does is add a few more steps to get to something, and Windows Desktop compatibility. The only reason to really get a WM phone is if you do a lot of Document editing. Other than that, its not really worth getting. The original post of this thread I believe (I'm too lazy to go back and look) said that he would like to edit documents. So, besides spending about 100 on a pseudo-program for document editing, the WM are better. Other than that, like another post in this thread "Different Folks, Different Strokes". Everybody is compatible with different phones...now stop fighting!
    Cingular is now the new at&t

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by kpfury
    Any reasons for me not to switch besides the whole OS crashes argument? I think PPC is def getting mature, and w/ new updates, etc, it's def becoming more stable, no?
    You'd think so but my experiences indicate otherwise. Give it a shot -- you'll never know for sure until you try it for yourself. We'll be here when you get back.

This is my first blackberry, and I've never used a WM device before either, but the specs on the 8525 and what it can do... anyways thanks for everyone's input, I swear I'm still on the fence!
    Relying on spec sheets is a huge mistake (real world performance and reliability are the true specs you should rely on) but as I said, give it a shot. We all learn to walk by actually learning to not fall down.
    Last edited by takeshi; 06-17-2007 at 08:45 PM.

MacFly69 no está en línea Stack level 2

i have a 2 month old 8525 that i'm looking to trade for a Curve. it's in great condition, 9.9 / 10!

pls email me directly if you're interested: macfly69 @ aol . com

thanks,
    john

I'm thinking about exchanging my BB Curve for the HTC 8525 b/c:

1) I cannot get used to EDGE speed, why not pay the same per month for 3G?
    2) I can still get pop emails w/ HTC 8525
    3) I really want the ability to edit documents (word, excel)
    4) Watching the US Open live on my coworker's 8525 was pretty cool
    5) 8525 uses windows Pocket PC Edition (not smartphone edition that something liek blackjack uses) so not as quirky
    6) TONS of 3rd party apps
    7) heavier, but not much bigger than BB Curve (it's thicker, but not as wide)
    8) larger 2.8" screen
    9) comparable battery use
    10) Wifi
    11) also has 2mp camera, AND can take videos
    12) cleaner looking w/ hidden keyboard
    13) I need extensive organizer/calendar functions, w/ seamless sync w/ my outlook

I'm really a gadget freak and power user who needs all the bells and whistles. If i'm going to be paying close to $100/mo, I'd like to get the most functionality out of my device. Any reasons for me not to switch besides the whole OS crashes argument? I think PPC is def getting mature, and w/ new updates, etc, it's def becoming more stable, no?

AceBB no está en línea Stack level 3

Even if the two phones were similar I would advise staying away from a touch screen all together. I've had several in the past, including one from Eten. The screen gets all nasty and scratched, and when you're on the move and you need to post a quick reply to an email its much more difficult to have to hand tap your screen. On the curve, or any BB for that matter, you can simply move your finger over the keys and type your message - great if your quick with QWERTY in general. The touch screen just doesnt have that same accuracy unless you're really paying attention to it.
    .:*~*:._.:*~*:. AceBB .:*~*:._.:*~*:.
    Everything you ought to know @ http://www.christopheraceto.com

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

You can argue the pro and cons of each device till blue in the face and turn this place into another Howard Forums. (Yuck) However, it's really hard to argue that the Windows Mobile platfrom is as or more stable than RIM's. It's just not and anyone who's used both know the truth. I like my 8525 but find that since I carry my laptop just about everywhere, the 8525 is "redunant". If you need something closer to the features of a laptop and not going to carry one, then the 8525 might be a good choice for you. I find that the Blackberry is much more of a "companion" to my laptop vs. competitor.

No matter how nice WM devices are, they still can't compare with even a low end laptop. I've never done a spreadsheet on an WM device. I've never watched a 2 hour movie on it. To do so take two or more hours just to convert it. With lappy, I insert DVD, watch movie. Larger screen, more battery life, no eye strain. My lappy isn't pocketable, but neither is my 8525 unless I pull out my old parachute pants from the 80's. Games? Again, lappy beats PPC. The PPC only beats the laptop in portability. And again, if you AREN'T going to carry a laptop, the PPC might be the best alternative for you.

You must keep in mind though and NO WM device, IMO, is every ready to use out of the box. It can take hours and hours of tweaking to get it as you like, and then ongoing tweaking to keep it that way. If you find that kind of thing fun and interesting (I do to a certain point), then you might have a really good time.

My advise, since you kinda asked with this forum, is to get both. You might find that you have uses for each and if you are a GSM customer, you can switch your SIM to whatever device you fancy for that day.

Isn't choice great?? Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
    Last edited by evilhomer; 06-18-2007 at 12:36 PM.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123