Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Things to think about : Curve fits nicely in your pocket, 8525 does not Curve ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #16
    andrsnsm's Avatar
    andrsnsm no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10

    Re: Thinking about trading in Curve of 8525

    Advertisement



    Things to think about:
    Curve fits nicely in your pocket, 8525 does not
    Curve is light weight, 8525 is heavy
    Curve use stable BB OS, 8525 uses WM5 which can be troublesome
    Curve can easily be operated with one hand, 8525 takes two for most tasks
    Curve is a handy candy bar design, 8525 is a slider that can loosen up significantly with time
    Curve has a VERY nice screen, 8525 screen is ok
    Curve screen is not easily breakable, 8525 has a touch screen that can break easily
    Curve is stylish, 8525 is a clunker

    That said, 8525 is a very capable machine with great capabilities, more so than the Curve. I don't live in a 3G area but it would be nice to have it instead of EDGE. 8525 WiFi is fantastic.

    I had a 8525 but hated the size and two handed operation. The Curve is sweet. If I wee you I would stick with the Curve until A WiFi 3G BB is on the market, that is going to be soon and I will jump all over it. Until then, my Curve and Pearl will do me just fine.

    Sam

  2. #17
    jscottbarnes's Avatar
    jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    Posts
    1,273

    Re: Thinking about trading in Curve of 8525

    Quote Originally Posted by kpfury
    well, i'm TRYING to convince myself, let's just put it that way =) honestly, i really really like the BB Curve, and want to keep it, but just the allure of more power... you know how it goes, you keep wanting more... the biggest and baddest =\

    This is my first blackberry, and I've never used a WM device before either, but the specs on the 8525 and what it can do... anyways thanks for everyone's input, I swear I'm still on the fence!
    If u feel that strongly, I think u should give it go... if for no other reason than to satisfy your own curiousity... I can almost guarantee, that bcuz u've never used WM before... You'll be back on your Curve in 2 weeks... the frustration you will experience based on resets, crashes and size of the device (2 handed operation) will bring you home...

    Best wishes with your quandry though... May you find Gadget Peace...


    ------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD



  3. #18
    sigmamason's Avatar
    sigmamason no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PIN/ID
    22BFEE32
    Posts
    95

    Re: Thinking about trading in Curve of 8525

    Have a treo 750 and unless people are relying upon old rumors, the talk of the OS crashing is basically rumors.
    Devices like the Q are laden with problems but most of that is due to Moto, not the OS.
    Have a few friends that have 8525s and they absolutely luv them and won't switch back as they are power users and the device does what they want.
    People talk about BBs never crashing or lagging and from my experience with the 8700, they do just that...
    Every OS will lag or crash...look at Palm 600s and 650s and 680s and 755ps. Put a few apps on a BB and it will crash if they are not developed right...
    If you like the 8525, go for it. If you are a gadget freak like most of us, you end up wanting to try it anyway...and then buying the next phone after that one...
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!

  4. #19
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

    Re: Thinking about trading in Curve of 8525

    My experience with Windows Mobile:

    Pocket PC Phone Edition hp iPAQ 6315's: All three were basically PDA's after being dropped one time and having the SIM card door break. All within a year.

    Dell Axim X50's: First one fell off a nightstand I have (cradle included). Second one just shut down for no apparent reason. Both combined lasted less than 6 months.


  5. #20
    shafferds's Avatar
    shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe
    Posts
    488

    Re: Thinking about trading in Curve of 8525

    i work for att and have sold many 8525 and then had to take many 8525's back due to various "issues". I have sold many blackberries and i dont take hardley any blackberries back. . . . ummm i see the light
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

  6. #21
    tdawg's Avatar
    tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2
    Posts
    544

    Re: Thinking about trading in Curve of 8525

    Quote Originally Posted by sigmamason
    Have a treo 750 and unless people are relying upon old rumors, the talk of the OS crashing is basically rumors.
    Devices like the Q are laden with problems but most of that is due to Moto, not the OS.
    Have a few friends that have 8525s and they absolutely luv them and won't switch back as they are power users and the device does what they want.
    People talk about BBs never crashing or lagging and from my experience with the 8700, they do just that...
    Every OS will lag or crash...look at Palm 600s and 650s and 680s and 755ps. Put a few apps on a BB and it will crash if they are not developed right...
    If you like the 8525, go for it. If you are a gadget freak like most of us, you end up wanting to try it anyway...and then buying the next phone after that one...
    You cant compare a Treo to a Blackberry. lol Are you kidding me. On some forums they have stickies dedicated to preventing your TREO from crashing. Oddly when a program crashes on a blackberry the blackberry rarely resets , you get a error message or sluggish movement but rarely a reset aka crash.

    For example >>>>> http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=969107

  7. #22
    sigmamason's Avatar
    sigmamason no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PIN/ID
    22BFEE32
    Posts
    95

    Re: Thinking about trading in Curve of 8525

    I can and did compare the 2 devices, not much of a comparison. Treo 750 is not the same as a 650. Might help to get out and look around, little thing called choice and user experience. My 8700 crashed more than my 750 ever has and the replacement did also. That is why I went to 750. I had zero programs except for a game that I got from the mobile BB site and it continually went to a white screen.
    In my business, I can't afford that and after 6 months with the 750, I haven't. I also know of a few people that feel the same.
    As much as I want a curve, not going to waste money on any device that doesn't do what I need it to do: not crash, work when I need it to, gets my data in a relatively quick fashion, clear phone calls and allows for some level of fun when I need to do that. So far I have had that with the 750 and my experience with the 8700 didn't provide for that.
    I was under impressed with the pearl and somewhat intrigued by the curve, but I hope to hear less and less issues with QA and freezing as time goes on and more curves get released...
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!

  8. #23
    tdawg's Avatar
    tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2
    Posts
    544

    Re: Thinking about trading in Curve of 8525

    Quote Originally Posted by sigmamason
    I can and did compare the 2 devices, not much of a comparison. Treo 750 is not the same as a 650. Might help to get out and look around, little thing called choice and user experience. My 8700 crashed more than my 750 ever has and the replacement did also. That is why I went to 750. I had zero programs except for a game that I got from the mobile BB site and it continually went to a white screen.
    In my business, I can't afford that and after 6 months with the 750, I haven't. I also know of a few people that feel the same.
    As much as I want a curve, not going to waste money on any device that doesn't do what I need it to do: not crash, work when I need it to, gets my data in a relatively quick fashion, clear phone calls and allows for some level of fun when I need to do that. So far I have had that with the 750 and my experience with the 8700 didn't provide for that.
    I was under impressed with the pearl and somewhat intrigued by the curve, but I hope to hear less and less issues with QA and freezing as time goes on and more curves get released...
    Yea i had a treo and it suck awfully bad. You dont hear about bb crashing. Just becuase your one or 8700 didnt work right doesnt mean all bb are the same, funny that you keep talking about the one game, that was probably not even supported from Rim. Every device isnt perfect. but I know for a fact that treo have the highest os crashes out of all the major os software, and then its windows. The 750 and 650 are practically the same my friend. The treo Os hasnt really changed in 7 years.... The only thing that has changed is the hardware and the phone is still fatter than a Nextel i930.

    I would love for you to tell me difference between the 750,755 700,650http://www.phonescoop.com/search/jum...+&j.x=19&j.y=8 etc etc. And then tell me the difference in the 8700,8100,8830 and the 8300http://www.phonescoop.com/search/jum...p?q=blackberry. I start first with none of the blackberrys look the same like the Treos and same goes for the OS

  9. #24
    sigmamason's Avatar
    sigmamason no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PIN/ID
    22BFEE32
    Posts
    95

    Re: Thinking about trading in Curve of 8525

    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    Yea i had a treo and it suck awfully bad. You dont hear about bb crashing. Just becuase your one or 8700 didnt work right doesnt mean all bb are the same, funny that you keep talking about the one game, that was probably not even supported from Rim. Every device isnt perfect. but I know for a fact that treo have the highest os crashes out of all the major os software, and then its windows. The 750 and 650 are practically the same my friend. The treo Os hasnt really changed in 7 years.... The only thing that has changed is the hardware and the phone is still fatter than a Nextel i930.

    I would love for you to tell me difference between the 750,755 700,650http://www.phonescoop.com/search/jum...+&j.x=19&j.y=8 etc etc. And then tell me the difference in the 8700,8100,8830 and the 8300http://www.phonescoop.com/search/jum...p?q=blackberry. I start first with none of the blackberrys look the same like the Treos and same goes for the OS
    Do you need help with your eyesight? Treo 700w, 700wx and 750 are Windows Mobile, Treo 600, 650, 680, 700p and 755p are Palm OS. The 750 body style which was used for the 680 and 755p is actually smaller and lighter then the 600 body style which was used for the 650 and 700 series...
    How are they the same? Because the device shell is the same? They run two (2) entirely different operating systems. Windows Mobile is not the same as Palm OS. If you can prove that they are, I will buy you a 6 pack of the beer of your choice.
    BBs do crash, if you actually read a forum on here and other BB forums, people are asking about the white screens, freezing applications...in your own words: no device is perfect.
    Every phone/pda phone has become more complicated as they are asked to do more and become smaller and lighter.
    I never said that bbs are a bad device...but spare me the BBs are God routine. I think the curve is a good device...
    This argument is moot as you haven't proved anything other than you know how to argue.
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!

  10. #25
    tdawg's Avatar
    tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2
    Posts
    544

    Re: Thinking about trading in Curve of 8525

    Quote Originally Posted by sigmamason
    Do you need help with your eyesight? Treo 700w, 700wx and 750 are Windows Mobile, Treo 600, 650, 680, 700p and 755p are Palm OS. The 750 body style which was used for the 680 and 755p is actually smaller and lighter then the 600 body style which was used for the 650 and 700 series...
    How are they the same? Because the device shell is the same? They run two (2) entirely different operating systems. Windows Mobile is not the same as Palm OS. If you can prove that they are, I will buy you a 6 pack of the beer of your choice.
    BBs do crash, if you actually read a forum on here and other BB forums, people are asking about the white screens, freezing applications...in your own words: no device is perfect.
    Every phone/pda phone has become more complicated as they are asked to do more and become smaller and lighter.
    I never said that bbs are a bad device...but spare me the BBs are God routine. I think the curve is a good device...
    This argument is moot as you haven't proved anything other than you know how to argue.
    Its not a argument... You just cant see past your own box of reality. Windows or palm os they are both garbarge. Bb crash ok...... I never said they didnt. If you read what I said, which was " i know for a fact that treo crash more than any os software out" . Your two 8700 crashed because you loaded the same game is compared to my Dell laptop crashes everytime i load the corrupt software. Why would you even load the same program in the first place.


    here is another website proving my point. http://discuss.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

    I mean every forum you go to about treos have some sort of issue with software or a dedicated sticky. They have a dedicated sticky to just that. Find that from a bb forum..... I know that some treos have windows( which have a very high return rate).


    Again i am not trying to argue with you. I dont know you and dont care. I am just stating a fact.

  11. #26
    sigmamason's Avatar
    sigmamason no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PIN/ID
    22BFEE32
    Posts
    95

    Re: Thinking about trading in Curve of 8525

    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    Its not a argument... You just cant see past your own box of reality. Windows or palm os they are both garbarge. Bb crash ok...... I never said they didnt. If you read what I said, which was " i know for a fact that treo crash more than any os software out" . Your two 8700 crashed because you loaded the same game is compared to my Dell laptop crashes everytime i load the corrupt software. Why would you even load the same program in the first place.


    here is another website proving my point. http://discuss.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

    I mean every forum you go to about treos have some sort of issue with software or a dedicated sticky. They have a dedicated sticky to just that. Find that from a bb forum..... I know that some treos have windows( which have a very high return rate).


    Again i am not trying to argue with you. I dont know you and dont care. I am just stating a fact.

    I am going to slow this down for you...you said that all Treos are the same and they use the same OS...they don't...Windows Mobile and Palm OS are different...always has been, always will be...
    You said that BBs don't crash originally, now you say they do...interesting...
    I said the game came from the Mobile BB site...items on that site are offered by RIM to the consumer...which means that the game was supported by RIM...
    The 750 has a low return rate...the 700w has a high rate of return to Verizon due to 2 factors: memory or the lack thereof and the introduction of the 700wx...turning in a windows treo for a windows treo is different than returning said item for a different os device...even stevie wonder can see that.

    Here are threads that deal with issues on blackberry:
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ut-memory.html

    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-3-curves.html

    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...er-issues.html

    http://www.blackberryforums.com/rant...xperience.html


    I see threads here about trackball problems, synch problems with both Windows and Macs, meetings missing, volume problems, bluetooth issues, white screens, apps freezing, 3rd party programs not working or bricking the phone, and the list could go on...see a trend.

    In case you don't...every device has issues. I offered a alternative viewpoint and you tried to make a supreme court case against it. You have the right to your view...that is one of the benefits of this country...you are wasting time and energy
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!

  12. #27
    tdawg's Avatar
    tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2
    Posts
    544

    Re: Thinking about trading in Curve of 8525

    " A wise man said, dont argue with fools, because to argue with them makes you the fool

  13. #28
    tdawg's Avatar
    tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2
    Posts
    544

    Re: Thinking about trading in Curve of 8525

    Quote Originally Posted by sigmamason
    I am going to slow this down for you...you said that all Treos are the same and they use the same OS...they don't...Windows Mobile and Palm OS are different...always has been, always will be...
    You said that BBs don't crash originally, now you say they do...interesting...
    I said the game came from the Mobile BB site...items on that site are offered by RIM to the consumer...which means that the game was supported by RIM...
    The 750 has a low return rate...the 700w has a high rate of return to Verizon due to 2 factors: memory or the lack thereof and the introduction of the 700wx...turning in a windows treo for a windows treo is different than returning said item for a different os device...even stevie wonder can see that.

    Here are threads that deal with issues on blackberry:
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ut-memory.html

    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-3-curves.html

    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...er-issues.html

    http://www.blackberryforums.com/rant...xperience.html


    I see threads here about trackball problems, synch problems with both Windows and Macs, meetings missing, volume problems, bluetooth issues, white screens, apps freezing, 3rd party programs not working or bricking the phone, and the list could go on...see a trend.

    In case you don't...every device has issues. I offered a alternative viewpoint and you tried to make a supreme court case against it. You have the right to your view...that is one of the benefits of this country...you are wasting time and energy

    You cant compare a Treo to a Blackberry. lol Are you kidding me. On some forums they have stickies dedicated to preventing your TREO from crashing. Oddly when a program crashes on a blackberry the blackberry rarely resets , you get a error message or sluggish movement but rarely a reset aka crash.
    <<< Again from my original post I didnt say they NEVER.

    Your cred is gone now. You havent support any of your facts yet. So far you have misquoted me, not proven your point, manipulated anything I have posted to fit your argument. I guess i finally brought the troll out of you.


    Its like spitting in the wind with you.......
    Last edited by tdawg; 06-16-2007 at 10:37 PM.

  14. #29
    sigmamason's Avatar
    sigmamason no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PIN/ID
    22BFEE32
    Posts
    95

    Re: Thinking about trading in Curve of 8525

    I don't need your blessing or approval...my life will go on and I am not some 20 year old looking for cred.
    the only thing you proved was nothing...I even offered you a six pack of your favorite beer if you could prove me wrong...you didn't.
    Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall...

    Dead
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!

  15. #30
    GBallew's Avatar
    GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Thinking about trading in Curve of 8525

    Agreed. Working for "the new at&t", Blackberry's have to be the least returned phones, the Pearl Headlining that. One of my co-workers use the 8525 and she will swear by it. However, every time somebody calls her and I have to hear her ringtone skip (don't ask, I'm still trying to figure it out) I can tell you that if a device can have ringtones skip...there's something wrong going on...

    The best advice I can give you is wait for a WM6 device that you like. It will have more of the bugs figured out (device or OS...whichever ) than any WM5 device.

    Hope to see you back to the BB soon though!
    Cingular is now the new at&t

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •