I currently have an 8830 WE on Verizon, but I wish I had a camera, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Thinking about an 8330

Advertisement

I currently have an 8830 WE on Verizon, but I wish I had a camera, will I be happy with the switch from an 8830 to the curve? I know I won't have international capability, but I will probably keep the 8830 anyway.

FlatLine84 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31AE0418
    Well, all I can comment on is the camera, which for a phone is great. I use the camera a lot and the facebook app. I like it. I don't have any experience with an 8830.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The 8330 also has more memory.......I've had mine (from Alltel) for over a month and have way more apps and themes than I ever did on my 8130 Pearl and always have at least 30mb free. I have had none of the disappearing call logs and messages problems many of the 81xx, 8300-8320 users experience.

I know I'm happy with the switch from 8130 to 8330...but also never used the 8830

and the camera is decent for a phone....i took this shot w/ my 8330 the other night..

Last edited by azstar; 07-23-2008 at 05:48 PM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

mrpink57 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320F8773
    I'd think long and hard on, how often am I going to use a camera? Are there any main issues you seem to have with the WE edition? Also is your job a no camera zone?These are just a few questions to ask yourself.

Camera's on phones are great for this "I didn't have my digital with me but glad I had my camera phone." They really only look good on the phone and just seem to sit there.

pink
    Do you know what this is? Its the world's smallest violin playing just for the waitresses.

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    idk much about the 8830 but i love my 8330. ive seen the 8830 and i like thast the curve is smaller. you might not have as much memory as the 8830 built in but you can use a micro sd card

Quote Originally Posted by mserica513 View Post
    you might not have as much memory as the 8830 built in but you can use a micro sd card
    That's the best thing about the 8330...it actually has MORE memory than the 8830

In the specs, the 8830 has 64mb and the 8330 has 96mb of built in memory....

Reality of what shows on the device always seems to vary....my 64mb 8130 pearl shows about 54mb total memory and my 96mb 8330 curve shows about 83mb file total....:/

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    That's the best thing about the 8330...it actually has MORE memory than the 8830

In the specs, the 8830 has 64mb and the 8330 has 96mb of built in memory....

Reality of what shows on the device always seems to vary....my 64mb 8130 pearl shows about 54mb total memory and my 96mb 8330 curve shows about 83mb file total....:/

thanx thought it was the other way around.

So the thread starter just needs to weigh his options, does he need a WE phone or a curve?

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    Quote Originally Posted by bbueding View Post
    I currently have an 8830 WE on Verizon, but I wish I had a camera, will I be happy with the switch from an 8830 to the curve? I know I won't have international capability, but I will probably keep the 8830 anyway.
    NO! You don't need a camera. You will never use the pics from your camera phone ever! The camera will be a pain if you have a job that involves secure building like court houses where they will not allow you to bring a bb with a camera in with you.

If you leave the country even only once a year then the world is totally worth it. It's a huge problem to not have a phone.

Is the world WiFi Capable?

Either way stick with the world.
    nonnasmyladie [@] vzw [Dot] blackberry [dot] net

PIN: 31a987a7

I disagree about the use for the camera....

That weather shot above made it to the abc news in Phoenix for their weather news....turns out that little storm cell caused wuite a bit of damage...and got me my 15 seconds of fame lol

But seriously, pics from my cell phone camera helped me immensely after I was in an auto accident. They helped prove that the diagram on the police report was wrong and helped me win my claim.....that was the only camera available to me at that moment. Without it I would have had a real battle on my hands trying to prove my case!

My 2 cents

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

siscolee no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi
    I had the pearl when it came out hated it (too small) switched to the 8830 and now have the curve. It is a million times better then the 8830 has more features (spell check, more options,camera/video light, much louder ringtones and is way smaller(same size screen) and more comfortable to carry around/hold on call.
    web browser is way faster too.

JUST GET IT!!!!
    like you I kept the WE for travel
    also overseas it ends up being about 5-15 dollars a minute, cheaper to buy a prepaid in europe or wherever you go

my two cents
    Last edited by siscolee; 07-28-2008 at 10:51 PM.