I've had several BlackBerry devices in the past (8700c, 8703e, 8830, 8100, 8130, etc) and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Jake_says no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Themes Won't Show Up - Alltel 8330

Advertisement

I've had several BlackBerry devices in the past (8700c, 8703e, 8830, 8100, 8130, etc) and this is the first time I've had this problem (aside from the 87xx series). I bought a Curve this morning (I have Alltel) and I just can't seem to get themes working. I've tried installing them using PocketMac, as well as OTA (both methods have worked on all my other BlackBerry models). The theme in question always seems to install without a problem, but then it doesn't show up under my themes. I've been searching for literally hours trying to find a solution, but I've yet to find a fix. Can anyone help me?

P.S. My software version is v4.3.0.124

BBEnriched no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you tried a battery pull on the device? Sometimes themes dont show unless you do a pull. Also make sure it installed under options > advanced > applications > menu > modules.
    www.bbenriched.com - Unlocks and Parts

Yes, I've done several battery pulls. And the themes do show up in the modules, just not where I would select the theme.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    What's the theme? Maybe I could try it on my Alltel 8330 then we'll know is it's just not compatable with the 8330 or if its a problem with your bb

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    What's the theme? Maybe I could try it on my Alltel 8330 then we'll know is it's just not compatable with the 8330 or if its a problem with your bb

This is the one that I'd really like to get working...
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...=7&linkid=1629

Could you link me to an OTA download of a theme that you have working on your Curve please? And thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

BBEnriched no está en línea Stack level 3
    If the themes are created with the plazmic 4.5 beta (and sometimes the actual 4.5 release) they wont install properly on any device not running 4.5. The theme creator needs to edit the .alx file and remove the OS specific portion for it to work properly. That *might* be the case here.
    www.bbenriched.com - Unlocks and Parts

OK, I'm gonna try that theme, but I'm pretty sure it's for 4.5 only.

Heres a lonk to a thread with an OTA link for BoldBerry.....this theme works on my 8330, looks awesome....comes in Zen, Icon, or Today styles with an OTA link for each
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Sorry, forgot the link.......duh!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=79683
    Twitter? My Apps List

I'm so relieved that it isn't a problem with my phone, but rather an issue with compatibility. Thanks to you both for clearing that up for me, and a HUGE thanks to azstar for those links, I absolutely love them.

The theme in the link you posted won't work for me either so I'm sure it is for 4.5 only. With all of the new "Custom" style themes you'll see posted here, look for the title or description to say it works w/4.2, 4.3.

Getting these new custom styles to export for our 4.3 OS requires some modding of the Plazmic files and only a few theme builders have done that. So anytime you see a theme with icons placed differently than the standard zen, today, or icon style, look for compatability w/4.2 & 4.3 before you download it.

Let me know if the link I posted worked for you or if there's another theme you want me to try

EDIT: haha just saw your post, glad they worked for you, let me know if you need anything else...
    Twitter? My Apps List

The theme in the link you posted won't work for me either so I'm sure it is for 4.5 only. With all of the new "Custom" style themes you'll see posted here, look for the title or description to say it works w/4.2, 4.3.

Getting these new custom styles to export for our 4.3 OS requires some modding of the Plazmic files and only a few theme builders have done that. So anytime you see a theme with icons placed differently than the standard zen, today, or icon style, look for compatability w/4.2 & 4.3 before you download it.

Let me know if the link I posted worked for you or if there's another theme you want me to try

EDIT: haha just saw your post, glad they worked for you, let me know if you need anything else...
    Thanks, that's very kind of you.

I added to your trust level. Also, if there are any ringtones that you'd like made, I'd be happy to return the favor. Thanks again for all your help.

Thanks, glad to help and I'll be takin' you up on that ringtone offer I'm sure

Thanks, glad to help and I'll be takin' you up on that ringtone offer I'm sure

Anytime, just let me know.

I'll PM you my PIN so it'll be easier for you to get in touch with me because I rarely visit PinStack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake_says View Post
    I rarely visit PinStack.
    WOW, really? Haha I practically live here.....If I hang around here too much more Hayden's gonna start charging me rent

brackett5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am new to all this does anyone have 4.3 themes?? And where would I find them??